Sign in to follow this  
Guest GerrishGray

Water Water Water....

Hello everyone! I have a question about water textures in FS2002. I run it on a very good system with almost all display sliders maxed out, yet I still seem to have really boring water effects. I recall seeing a video of FS2002 before the product came out maybe a year ago, and the water seemed to actually have a moving/sparkling-in-the-sun effect. It was alive. My water is dead in FS02. Is there some update or setting that I'm missing out on? I even tried putting the water effects slider up all the way to reflections and detail and nothing has changed. I can't even enjoy the OceanFX addon for superb water textures and effects. I only have reasonable views of water from high textures, but when I am on the water it really sucks. Can anyone help me out here?? Thanks in advance!-Jacob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I doubt that you have everything maxed out. Check terrain detail textures.Alex

I had exactly the same problem and nobody, even the author of the OceanFX couldn't help. There was no animation. Finally after long experimentation I solved the problem on my own - you must have detailed ground textures enabled - otherwise no animation. Strange but true.Michael J.

The setting you need to turn on is Options, Display, Hardware, Multi-Texturing. Then you get the moving water effects.For different reasons, you should also always have Anti-Aliasing enabled on the same screen. Without it, you will tend to get 'aliasing' - i.e. unpleasant flickering effects as you fly across any high-definition scenery you wish to enjoy (avoidance of aliasing is Microsoft's reason for making so much of the default scenery low-definition and 'blurry').Hope this helpsGerrish