Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alkit

Aerosoft MCP 747 questions

Guest Alkit

Hi,Does anyone here use Aerosoft MCP 747 for flight sim?I just bought a used one from Canada. I may get it in a week. Although this unit is for 747-400, I don't think there are any 744 can be flown in FS2004 which can perform all its functions.Would someone suggest me what is the best FS2004 addon (freeware or payware) for performing MCP 747 functions?Furthermore, is it possible to convert its front plate by light plate or real plate?(keeping it own swicthes and knobs)Except its own official website, does any other wbsite which talks about it?ThanksAlkit

The standard ac in FS do not use all the possibilities of this nice piece of hardware (very sorry that they stopped producing it)I use it with project magenta in a multi pc setup (building a full cockpit).The software also can be used with wilco's pilot in command b767.I am not familiar with that software, but I think it will have a very advance autopilot so that you can use every switch of your device.norbert boschhttp://home.wanadoo.nl/norbert.bosch

Guest Stephan Haas

Alkit,>The software also can be used with wilco's pilot in command>b767.>I am not familiar with that software, but I think it will have>a very advance autopilot so that you can use every switch of>your device.I use the MCP in a halfway 767 cockpit, based on Wilco's PIC767. The autopilot function in that aircraft is almost perfect and it works beautifully together with the MCP. At the moment, PIC767 is not really working in FS2004, but there will be a FS2004 version (no ETA announced).I guess it will be difficult to modify the frontplate, since the buttons are sort of integrated.Kind regards,Stephan Haaswww.lemont.nl/b767flightdeckhttp://www.pic767flyingclub.com/images/sas544.jpg

Hi I agree with Norbert, it's indeed a magnificent piece of hardware. There's a special patch from Wilco PUB's for their Pilot in Command 767, that makes the MCP fully interropable with the panel. However, PIC767 is not (yet) available for FS2004. You have to go back to FS2002.Nicowww.nicokaan.nlfc.php?vatsim=814584&indicator=OD1&a=pic767.jpg

Guest Alkit

I have the PIC767 but not the FS2002 anymore. Seems throw it somewhere. I have heard many many inquiry about the PIC 767 for FS2004. Nothing is promised.Seems PMDG 737 can perform its function, let's see.Anyway, I will see how good is this unit by next week. So eager to try it!!!Alkit