Sign in to follow this  
KJConlon

Interface for FS and hardware

I am sure that this is going to open up a can of worms but...I plan on purchasing the FDS MCP Kit and wonder what is the best way to interface it with FS? EPIC, FSBus, InterfaceIT, Hagstrome. My plan is to start with the MCP then add the glairshield, use PM or FreeFD for the MIP and the FCU so I will need some expandibility, but am not a programmer. I have a funny feeling that functionality is inversely related to ease of construction/programming. Thanks and Blue SkiesKevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Guest mbessler

>I am sure that this is going to open up a can of worms>but...>I plan on purchasing the FDS MCP Kit and wonder what is the>best way to interface it with FS? EPIC, FSBus, InterfaceIT,>Hagstrome. My plan is to start with the MCP then add theThere are actually a few more choices regarding cockpit interfacing,see here for a partial comparison of features:http://cockpit.varxec.de/electronics/cockp...lectronics.htmlManuel

Guest Dodiano

FSBUS is really easy to interace I interfaced 30% of my MCP this weekend like in an hour, I couldn

Guest RichardL

Kevin,Have you looked at Integrated Flight Systems http://www.iflightsystems.com/ ? Click on Documents then FSCockpit Software Manual. All the switch, LED, and numeric display functions are listed at the end of the document.Richard

Guest PoRrEkE

Even if you only do MCP now, you'll do overhead maybe one day. Therefore I have only 1 opinion: FSBUS all the way.Since the introduction of CCC to FSbus there is no competition from the rest in my view. Photon is also very interesting cuz of the price and the availability. However, as I said: if no CCC or CCC-look-a-like ... NO competition to FSbus.

Guest Ferdie

IOCards have a full solution for cockpits.http://www.opencockpits.com/index.php?newlang=englishIOCards is the fastest system (Non commercial), you can use LPT or USB port, and site is full of tutorials and manuals (English, Spanish and French).You can buy cards mounted & tested, Kits or PCBs with the best prices for each type of user.You have more aplications and you can use FSUIpc or specific protocol IOCP to connect FSimulator 200* or X-plane. (100 times faster FSUipc).If your cockpit is a 737, you have ON-737, a full free simulation system *all system* for 737-NG (PFD,ND,MCP,FMC,OverHeat,etc).If your cockpit have analogic gauges, you have IOCPGauges for specific control of this gauges.If have questions... You can write in opencockpits forums. More 500 (registered) users using IOCards project in the world.

Ferdy,Does IOCards support FSBUS CCC-functionality? If not do they plan to produce stuff like that?// Joni

Guest romeo_charlie

Hello my fellow simmers.I'd like to know if anyone, i say again, anyone has completed a cockpit using any of the systems.As far as I know, only EPIC people have completed their simulators. There are maaaaany project hardware and software available, but seeing any of these WORKING on a full system setup is a thing yet to be seen.I say again, Anyone has COMPLETED his cockpit using anything but EPIC? And I mean Full instrument panel with CDUs, throttles, speedbrakes, landing gear, autoflight (MCP, autothrottle, FMS), radios, instructor station with weather, time and system control, and overhead panel with complete systems (fire protection, electrical, hydraulic, lights, IRS, pneumatic, fault detection, and so on...)Cheers.

Guest Ferdie

Hello !We thought different about this subject.IOCard software must be centered to the control of the hardware.For simulation control have another software and IOCards only is inputs or outputs of this software.For it we have designed protocol IOCP. This protocol connect easily IOCard with all developed software. No need Iocard SDK, the IOcard SDK is for develop specific functions.If a CCC type program appear, is more versatile if it use a IOCP server for inputs/outputs than use directly IOCards functions.We thought about OPEN systems, not in propietary systems. IOCP is open protocol and can be used for all developers.Example : ON-737, a simulation system through IOCP.

Guest Ferdie

But... Build a Cockpits not is a project for a short time !For example IOcard project have only one year. And in this time project have more developes.EPIC is used for cockpits have moooore time.IOCards have solutions for all elements of a cockpits. Another problem is simulation software, but not is hardware problem, remember !

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok but I'm not into 737 ;o)I would like to make use at the fullest of all the switches I have in my overhead. Even if they are not simulated in Espens panel, with CCC I can make them do something. Even if it is fictive, so it doesn't do anything in FlightSimulator, having a logic behind the panel would be nice.The info you give on this IOCP etc is not very clear to me. What I understand (or think to) is that you have your own "fsuipc" called IOCP and that users can write their own software in which they create the logic ?Does this IOCP allow your self written program then to comm. with both FS and with IOCards ??Or do I understand it all wrong ?If I get this right than it is indeed quite interesting. It is in fact exactly what I mailed to the maker of FSBus before. I asked him for a way to enable people to access the FSBus variables from their own written software just as is possible with FS via FSUIPC. He answered me to sit back and wait for CCC to be releaced.

Guest Ferdie

Well...IOCP is a protocol over TCP/IP.IOCP is like FSUIPC+WIDEFS. You can use IOCP not only in FSimulator. You can develop a server IOCP for any program.Now, have IOCP servers for : Fsimulator 200*, X-plane, ON-737, A-320 Canig

Guest coenc

>IOCP is like FSUIPC+WIDEFS. You can use IOCP not only in>FSimulator. >Ferdi,Can we use IOCP to display an outsideview on different monitors (like with wideview)?

Guest PoRrEkE

ok i'm not sure if i understand right nowbut i think this IOCP is a network based solution ? allowing one to create own variables and changing these via IOcards and sending these to fsuipc or IOcards ?i'm sorry but this seems quite complex to understand how this works.