Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfleron

Finally some pictures

Hey allA tribute to the FSSIM world.I hereby post a couple of pictures of my homecockpit.Dualmonitor on networked PC's. FSBUS with 2 displaycontrollers, 1 LED controller and 1 digital input controller.The second monitor runs the FreeFD software - GREAT WORK THERE GUYS!!!I use 2 PC's. 1 P4 2Ghz with 512 DDR, 64Mb Matrox adapter. The other (that runs the FSSIM 2004) is 2,8Ghz P4 with 1Gb DDR, 128 Mb graphics adapter. It also runs FSBUS router, Project magenta sounds, and voicebuddy for controlling ATC, pushback and little stuff.The cockpit had to be in my office (we bought a house with a basement, but that's used for my homecinema), so it's not that big.Thanks for all your help along with my project, it's really great to know that there's someone to ask, and is willing to help, during the project.I will stick around, as I probably will expand a little more... ;-)Thanks again to you all.Best regardsSoren Fleron - Denmark

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It looks like you can do some good flying with your setup. Good arrangement. Now, if you can get your wife to allow you to use the home theater projector

Actually the setup is moveable - it will enable me to take the PC to the homecinema and play it there - that would be pretty good ;-)

movable!! that's cool to fly with home threatre display. Big screen, surround sound.

That was my idea at first .. "movable".The idea for me to build a home cockpit came from the example set by the FSCB (flight sim club belgium) whom have built an a320 cockpit. This one is fully modular and is used to "show off" at all kinds of activities around Belgium. Airshows, open-doors, etc etc.On one of these displays I was invited to fly the a320. This gave such a good feeling that I felt I had to change something at home to make it possible to do the same: build a sim.The general idea was to have something modular as well which could be broken down and rebuild in aprox. half a day. However if I whish to keep that goal in focus, I should make big changes to my current setup. It was my plan to make it possible to take my sim with me when going to a Fly-In. It could be done but then I'd need to re-build the structure of the cockpit. The metal structure I use now is not ideal. It was a good idea at first but turns out to be much less handy than it once looked.Either way; my plan at the moment is as such:1) get my bird flying asap!2) fly!3) decide if i will add the co-pilot position or not4) if 3)=yes build 2 pilot seats using the fine tutorial from the NL-guy5) if 3)=no build 1 of those seats6) decide if i will re-build the structure of the cockpit (if i do so i'll make it well modular for sure.