Sign in to follow this  
Guest mondo

Help with panels from AGT

Guest mondo

I recently received panels from AGT (advanced graphic technologies). The problem is...how does one connect any of the displays to the panels? I have made all of my 8mm circuit boards and have gotten the displays to work, but how do you fit them to the panels without destroying the panel itself? I really think I should have bought my panels from FDS. They have a backplate that I would imagine is for this purpose. Milt

Guest r.kock

Milt,Same for me. I haven't realised it yet but am close to fixing it all together. The idea I have is to fix it on the top of the housing of the MCP for example. If I put the top on the mcp the display will be in front of the places where they are meant to be.Greetings Robert

This problem was the reason we made our MCP to have a PCB to the back of the plexi. Just to hold the 7-segments and some other parts like pushbuttons and some rotaries.If you don't want to have a pcb (and it's not so simple!!) you have to fix them to the plexi. I have this site in my bookmarks, you can find there some useful pics and ideas: http://www.b737ng.be/ ---> http://www.b737ng.be/regardsEddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Hot glue might work too if it doesnt melt the plastic - or silicone?You might need to fix the pushbuttons to some pcboard that gives a bit of mounting surface though. Try the "breadboard" which has holes pre-drilled and cut suitable piece(s) from that?//Tuomas

Tuomas,i don't know about silicone or hot glue, as we made PCBs for hold the parts. But you may have right and also "breadboard" it will be a good/fast/cheap solution. As the PCBs need to have the same detail with plexi is a very difficult job. Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Guest mondo

Thanks alot for your suggestions guys. I am going to have to put things on hold for a short time as I am moving. I leaving New York and heading for Florida on the 28th of this month. Should be able to get back on line and working on the cockpit soon after. Again, thanks. I am continuing to look at the website until the 27th of June. (right til the last minute)