Sign in to follow this  
ejoiner

Multi PC FS9 arrangement

Guys, I have had in the back of my mind for a couple of yearsto build a networked group of PC's where I could have multiplemonitors to fly FS9 with. However, knowing "not much/very little"about how to do this, and expense of it, I hadnt done it. Nowthough, Im thinking much more seriously after my brother in lawcalled the other day and told me his firm was surplussing all their17 inch monitors for 20 bucks each and replacing with flat paneldisplays. Immediately I commited to two and probably shouldagotten more. (My wife figures Im a pack rat...she has no ideawhat Im thinking yet...I like to live dangerously.)In any case, So I have a 21 inch monitor and soon at least twomore 17's. I also have another older PC plus a couple of newer Dellunits around here. (My house is fully networked with Cat 5 wiringthanks to a former owner who used to own an alarm company.)So it looks like hardware wont be the big issue. I do have a routerthat gives the other units DSL capability and one PC on wireless.What IS a big issue is that I have NO idea how to hook thesethings together and how to get such a FS9 rig working. I know it probablytakes WideFS and FSUIPC. (I have registered version.) Anybodypoint me to some place where I can get a step by step recipe to hookmultiple units up? I may not do this immediately, but am interestedto start accumulating whatevers necessary. Im not looking to go nutswith one of those cockpits (yet...is this like Heroin?) Just a monitor for panel, big one for outside view and another one for FMC or FSNav.Thanks in advanceEric

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Search the forum for "PCI" and "multiple monitors on one PC"//Tuomas