Sign in to follow this  
Guest jpcxcf

Using a PSONE LCD on a PC

Guest allistah

I think this is a great idea!Does anyone else agree? I seen these on Ebay for $50-$75 each. Would that be worth it? I would think so. It will be really sharp, and it would be able to display color too if you wanted.Does anyone know if these are the right size for the CDUs in the 737ng? If they are, I think I'd rather use these than TV screens. These will be sharp as hell.-Jaime

Guest yoss

Totaly agree, thats very good idea and tnx to Pedro for sharring that with us--i even sow , i think in Amazone, prices as low as 35$ for used units

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

They're 5" diagonally, which is the same size as the CDU screen, and as they support desktop resolutions and colour, they're ideal for those using them for CDU screens.I have seen them on ebay for reasonable prices, here in the UK they go for around

Guest jpcxcf

Hehehe I wonder why ;)Regards,Pedro

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

A VERY VERY VEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYY interesting page...Thanks for pointing out...But it raises some questions.What is the actual resolution of the PSOne TFT screen ? Anyone knows?Does it support 640x480 pixels at least? More?I am currently searching the Net for information but haven't found anything regarding the resolution of the display.Any ideas ?ThanksGeorge DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Guest yoss

HI GEORGEfROM http://www.bit-tech.net/article/136/1PAGE 2Next, click custom resolution, highlighted in red, and select the "640x480i (Arcade)" resolution at the very bottom. Match your clocks to roughly those shown below. Remember that each LCD display is going to have slightly different timings. No display will work using the exact same frequencies as another. I cannot count the numerous e-mails I have received concerning the timings and how mine do not work on theirs. Of course not. Fool around a bit and you'll get it sooner or later. This is where your patience comes in, it took me many hours to get the display the way I like it. So as a starting guide adjust your settings to the timings I have provided below, and play around from there. So i surpose it does

Yoss,Thank you for the idea and write up. I purchased one on eBay for $25 to try. I was looking for something that could make an electronic version of the ADI & HSI in the NASA T-38. This might do the trick.John

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Hi Yoss,Thanks... (that's why I wear glasses..., time to pay a visit to my eye doctor!)It also says so on the first paragraph!So, hopefully it would do just fine.Now... If only I could find one!George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/betaimg.jpg

Guest yoss

You welcome guysI am using glasses as well, lolBut all credits here belongs to Pedro for sharring this idea with usI have seen Amazon selling used Psone unitsAs well would like to purchasse one , but my bigest concern is to find interfaceble sofware with fms exept PM wich is not effortable to meThen we wll go to build hardware fms