Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

I'm a new FS2K2 pilot, need some advice...

Hello everyone, I've been playing combat flight sims for years and just now bought my first civilian sim, FS2K2pro (wasn't easy to find, either). I never would have bought it at all, but a friend of mine gave me his copy of FS2000 a few weeks ago (he never used it anymore since he also has FS2K2) and I've been hooked ever since. Quite a different experience from Falcon 4.0, but I have to say I like it alot. Sometimes a more "relaxing" sim is a good thing...This is an awesome site you guys have here, but there is one problem: THERE ARE TOO MANY FILES TO LOOK AT FOR DOWNLOADING!!! Dear God, is every plane in the world modeled in this game? I could probably fill my hardrive with user addons, it's a bit overwhelming. A few questions:1. What are some good light / small aircraft to try out?2. The Gruman Goose plane, is there a virtual pit for it?3. What are some nice sceneries to DL? I like low level mountain flying the best (bush flying?)4. Is there a model of a B29 Superfortress somewhere?5. Helicopters seem tough to fly in FS2K2, I thought I had it bad in Longbow2.0. What are some good pedals to purchase? (I'm flying with an old CH Combatstick and CH throttle).There is so much to look at and read here, guess I'll be busy. :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,1. Here's a few light aircraft (there's much more - but these just came to mind) that you definitely should download:Fleet Canuck 80: canuck80.zip by Bill LyonsB33 Beech Debonair: b33.zip by Geoffrey Applegate, James EdenCessna 206 Stationair 6 II amphibian: c206_chz.zip by Ian Grant/ Steven Grant/ Aaron R Swindle/ Mikko Maliniemi Cessna C185 Skywagon: c185_mg2.zip by Mikko Maliniemi and Ian GrantCessna C207A Stationair 8: c207mggs.zip by Mikko Maliniemi / Steven Grant / Aaron R. Swindle/ Ian Grant2. I don't think so3. Do a search in the authors category for: Naji Chehabeddine and you'll find several very nice bush sceneries.4. Don't know.5. Can't help you there.Hope that helps somewhat. :)

Some of my favorite small aircraft are payware. Dreamfleet Archer, Flight1 Cessna 421, and FSD Cheyenne (twin turboprop). These all have great looking VC panels to go with the planes.There are B-29's out there. I just don't have an exact link at the moment. I'd like a new up-dated one myself.L.Adamson

Thanks Franken, those are exactly what I was looking for. That Canuck looks like the plane that was used in the movie "The Edge", one of my favorite movies of all time. Anyone know where The Edge was filmed?If a B-29 exists, it is very elusive. I have checked many sites and found nothing. I've always been a fan of the B-29, hence my obsession. Maybe I'll have to learn how to make my own aircraft? :)

5As you have CH products already then CH pedals should work with what you have and I think they are the most popular pedals here.