Sign in to follow this  
Guest c172 sim pilot

Plans for a collapsible cockpit

HiI started thinking (I know it is dangerous :-) ) about how to make a collapsible cockpit, and I came up with a collapsible cockpit (front seat only) of a Piper Cub. The cockpit (including computer and projector or a TFT monitor) collapses into two 120x80x30cm boxes. I only have some non-detailed plans. I won't do anything more if there is no interest. So, if anyone would like some more detailed plans I would be glad to make them.Stephenhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/86100.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nice work ...But if you've an idea to EXPAND my living room my wife would gratulate you... :-)How do you collaps it ? BOB

Sorry no ideas to expand your living room. :-)My idea was to put hinges at the bottom of the windows on the side boards so the top folds outward. The instument case (black) is one piece. The front board is held in place by removeable bolts. The top and the black bars are also held in place by bolts. So you just remove the bolts and fold it up.I hope this helps.Stephen

That is a nice design Steven. Door hinges with removal pins would make it come apart easily or maybe just bolting it with quick removable bolts, like those used in tradeshow booths and knock down furniture, would work to make it convenient.John

Thats can be a must addon for any flightsim,simulating an airframe overstress or crash landingFor hardcore ,may be added collapsible overhead activated by bumping landing Some smoke generator can be added as well No hard feelings plz, just a joke