Sign in to follow this  
Guest mondo

Looking for a pcb layout

Guest mondo

Does anyone out there have a pcb layout for the 8mm style 7 segment displays? I have been working on one using eagle but have not come up with a good enough one yet. The freeware version of eagle only allows a certain sized Pcb to be drawn. Milt

Guest Ceawlin BSX029

I might have one, although it's based on the 7mm style displays. If the pins are 2x5 vertical, you may be in luck...

Guest PoRrEkE

if 7mm is the height of the block .. have you got similar print layout for 13mm ones ?I got the kingsbright I think with 2x5 vertical indeed. CC is the middle pin of each row.Also do you know someone who could make me such PCB's or maybe where you could get those ? Cus the way I am dealing with them now is not clean at all and sometimes it gives bad connections so that I get 6 instead of 8 and such ..

Guest mondo

I have made all of my FSBUS circuit boards and they come out rather well.(almost look like they were made by a pcb house. The only problem I have is drilling them (no drillpress). If you gave me the layout, I could posibly make the board for you. Milt

Guest mondo

Even if you e-mailed me a copy of the baord layout, I could probably redo it in eagle. I like the 2x5 vertical style better than the horizontal. Milt

Guest PoRrEkE

I heard that drilling it with a dremel goos very quick and easy.If you could make me a bunch of these 13mm boards I could borrow a dremel somewhere and drill them myself, no problem.

Guest GlennM

It might be worth checking out Opencockpits (www.opencockpits.com),I purchased some 3 and 5 display boards. The boards are very good quality and I think were only a couple of euros each.They are designed around the Kingbright SC36-11YWA as far as pin layout goes.If you want I'll try to scan an image and email it to you to see if they would work.Regards Glenn.Edmonton, Canada.

Guest mondo

I can make these boards for you. You are using FSBUS? These boards will be the ones on the FSBUS website, and, of course, I can not charge for them. Where are you located and all of that other good stuff?

Guest mondo

Sounds good. I may give that a try. Miltmondo50m@earthlink.net

Guest PoRrEkE

Ok, first let me see if my FSbus order from simcockpit.nl gets here. It should be send out this week .. They say that for over 5 months now ok, but now it seems that someone might have had something .. unclear cuz he wasn't home so they'll come back tomorrow. I think that in the pack I ordered there are these boards from fsbus. If so I'm cool.So I think best thing is first to way and see that. If I don't have anything by this friday I will take legal action.Me and the good-stuff is in Belgium btw ;)

Guest Erups

>I heard that drilling it with a dremel goos very quick and>easy.I bet you never made a couple hundred holes with a dremel by hand....

Guest Erups

> Even if you e-mailed me a copy of the baord layout, I>could probably redo it in eagle. I like the 2x5 vertical>style better than the horizontal.For me the vertical gives me all sort of pain.The pins are too tight, i have to use very small routes...I doubt i'll be able to etch it with my very UNprecise "etching lamp" (what's its name??).I think i'll wait till i finish my homemade cnc...

Guest PoRrEkE

I didn't .. but I can't believe it's very hard to do eiter.

Guest PoRrEkE

I can't find those boards on the website ... little help ?

It's not very hard to do, just tedious. I've just finished drilling about 21 circuits, all FSBus. I have a dremel mounted in a cheap hobby tool drill press, I think it cost about $30CDN for the press. After about twenty minutes, I have to take a break because my eyes are going crossed!! I put a small flourescent trouble light behind the drill press and above to light the board. Also, I have had the best success when I increase the speed of the drill to the point that the bit starts to oscilate slightly. As soon as the tip of the bit starts to make contact with the board, it hunts out the lowest spot on the solder pad and stops wobbling. So far I have done a comm, 2 keys, 2 display driver cards, fsled, fsad, and a whole wack of display boards.