Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

How do I keep a plane level using autopilot ?

Hello,I'm having some trouble flying the heavies. Hope someone can help me. When I'm flying a default heavy (747-400) in FS2k2, after take off, I engage the autopilot and the auto-throttle. I then set the Altitude and hit the "ALT" button. Then I set the speed and hit the "IAS" button. That takes the aircraft to the altitude I want and it stays there at the speed I set it to. However, I can hear the autothrottle continuously working the throttle back and forth and the nose of the aircraft keeps bobbing up and down. It just does not seem to hold steady. I mean, the aircraft is indeed at the set altitude and speed, but its making my passengers airsick nodding its head up and down like that. Also, in the airbus 320 (from project airbus), it is much more stable than the 747 and it does not bob up-down when I use the autopilot. However, it always is at an angle (like when you flare at touchdown). It is never horizontal. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Gopal:It sounds like an airfile problem, maybe some incompatibility with a third party panel? I've had the same thing happen to me and was only able to fix it by replacing the default airfile with one offered in the file library. Do a search for " Flight Dynamics" and see what you come up with. Then back up your default 747-400 airfile before adding a new one to the folder in case you end up not liking it. Look for files by Johan Dees....he may even have his own website.Alex CN562ZMinneapolis, MN