Sign in to follow this  
Guest bowingic

Airline Type Rudder Pedals

Guest bowingic

Hi AllThought you might like to see how I converted my home made rudder pedals designed by Rob Barendregt to suit my 767 project. The pedals were made from scrap ply, mdf and a broken axe handle suitably grooved for the foot rails. I then painted them with silver auto laquer, top coated with Boeing brown and then rubbed back to the silver in wear areas. I was pleased with result which looks even better in the real than in photos.

Good job! They look nice.John

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Guest Tomlin

Do these have toe brakes? If not, how hard would it be to add that? These do look nice. I would like to modify them by milling out the pedal parts from aluminum, or milling out the wood and placing a thin sheet of metal milled the same over the face to reinforce and give the authentic metal look.

Guest PoRrEkE

absolutely gorgeous!do you need 1 set only ? if not, how are you going to link them ?the F50 type pedals are not sliding like most others. they work similar to ULM's but then hanging. it was good to have a look last weekend in an ULM and see how they do it because now actually I know how to handle mine (linked).for mine I got to find someone who can weld some parts together because I do not plan to make them out of wood. (connection of 2 sets over a distance of +/- 1.5m might give torsion of the connecting bars if made of wood.

Guest MikePowell

Ian,Those pedals look great!Mikewww.mikesflightdeck.com

Guest bowingic

Hi TomlinYes they do have toebrakes....mine operate just on and off with microswitches but the design by Rob has provision for mounting pots...its on a "how to" on Flightsim.com.I agree it could be better done with alloy etc but these are very much budget pedals...the only thing I purchased were the drawer slides and paint.....about $20 US all up.CheersIan

Guest bowingic

Hi PhillippeThese were designed to get me flying with minimum cost. Linking could be done with a chain & sprockets to a similar unit without the pot but I haven't really thought about my copilot yet....I'm having enough trouble convincing her to be a hostess!!! Seriously I think it can be done with these pedals but I would have to elevate the floor to make space for the mechanism underneath. How did you get on with your knitters?....I sent an email to that address you gave me.CheersIan

Guest bowingic

Thanks MikeIf you think they look OK then I feel satisfied! They really are very much budget pedals but work well and have me flying until I can refine things "one day"!Cheers and thanks for your continual help and support on this forum and your website which has been a wonderful resource.CheersIan

Guest PoRrEkE

Aha, wellThe knitters work well. Though still not 100%. I first had them wired to my Photon interface and most klicks were lost. Took me ages to change headings.So now I canged it to wire them to the Hagstr

Guest Delta767300pdx

WOW Ian,you've done it again!...thoes peddels look awsomeI like the worn look, keep up the great work!, again... a diagram, or link to how to make the peddals and/or the assymbley would be greatThanksjason

Guest bowingic

Thanks JasonThey are a good budget solution. You can find the "How To" on Flightsim.com How to section. Search for "Home-built Rudder Pedals With Toebrakes for FS2000/FS2002" by Rob Barendregt. The airline type pedals are my own add-on to his basic design.CheersIan

Guest bowingic

Hi TomlinI think your idea is a good one....sorry, I misread it when I first looked at your reply. I may modify mine the way you suggest when I get around to refining things. Wish I had thought of it myself as I would have implemented it!Cheers and thanksIan