Sign in to follow this  

Trim in FS2k2

I have always fount it awkward to control the trim in FS by pressingbuttons. As far as I now is this performed with wheel in a realaircraft. I have a scroll wheel on Microsoft mouse. Would it be possible to attach trim to this wheel? Or maybe it's no good idea?Are there any joysticks that has an additional wheel to use as trimin addition to a throttle control? Or could a connect a second gamecontroller and a use a analog control on it as trimwheel?How big is this wheel in real aircraft? How does it feel in real life?

Guest gasebah

Hi,there are the fanatstic GoFlight units. I own 7 of them. One, the GF-LGT has a Gear UP/Down Lever, a flap lever, and a TRIM WHEEL. IMHO the trim wheel alone is worth buying it. It completely changed my simming experience. Rather than counting clicks, now can make the oh so slightest changes with my trim wheel. After some time it gets automatic. Watch the horizon a bit, adjust, ready. Installation is as easy as 1,2,3, with USB.I know that sounds like a payed advertisment, but that is just the way I feel. If you read my posts here you might find out that am a critic many times.Go here: www.goflightinc.comAlex

Lots of aircrafts have an electric trim (switch) on the yoke to allow the pilot to leave his left hand on the yoke during manoeuvres. The main problem in simming is that the feedback is mostly visual (vario) except perhaps if you have a force feedback system (which I dont, so I dk what it feels like). Assigning the mouse wheel to trim should be possible, it's an input like another.

I agree that the Go Flight box is the way to go but I haven't the $$'s Yet to do that. I have 2 Suncom Dual throttles and this left me with an extra lever on my CH yoke. I assigned it to elevator trim and it works great. The only drawback to having the elevator on an axis like this is it can overide the autopilot so you have to trim it VERY close to neutral before the autopilot will hold altitude.http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...25b2aaaa7ec.jpg