Sign in to follow this  
oal331

12v lamps for backlight --> Need help about electronics !!

Hi,a friend, told me that has used about 37 pieces of 12v lamps for backlight in his cockpit in parallel with 1A psu. These 12v lamps are small ones like the leds and they use them also for car's panel backlight.So the question is how to connect them, serial or parallel?How many of them can i connect in total?How many Ampers they need?In serial connection i loose brightness. In parallel they told me that i can't connect more than 8 pieces. How can i connect more ? So every one of them has about 40

Guest Erups

>Hi,>>a friend, told me that has used about 37 pieces of 12v lamps>for backlight in his cockpit in parallel with 1A psu. >These 12v lamps are small ones like the leds and they use them>also for car's panel backlight.>>So the question is how to connect them, serial or parallel?would go for parallel, in serial you have much more problems, and should one brake, the others would light out too.>How many of them can i connect in total?It depends on how much do they eat, and how much food your PSU can supply ;)>How many Ampers they need?This you should ask to the vendor>In serial connection i loose brightness. In parallel they told>me that i can't connect more than 8 pieces. How can i connect>more ? I don't see why you shouldn't be able to connect more then 8.Maybe they were already calculating the max power of your psu?>So every one of them has about 40