Sign in to follow this  
Guest steku

Is FSLCD software compatible with Windows 2000?

Guest steku

Is FSLCD (ver. 3.7 or 5.1) software compatible with Windows 2000 Proffesional I'm using (or other systems like NT or XP where it's impossible to directly write data to parallel port buffer)?Direct writing was possible with older Windows 98 like systems.

Guest Stephan Haas

I have FSLCD working on a WinXP system. Don't know the exact version (am not at my cockpit right now), but I know of a friend who has the newest version working on his WinXP-system.Kind regards,Stephan Haaswww.lemont.nl/b767flightdeckhttp://www.pic767flyingclub.com/images/sas544.jpg

Guest steku

Thanks Stephan!It's a very good news to me!Could you provide my with any advice about using and configuring FSLCD? These formatting options looks (%06.2f, %s, 1/x, mask=FF00 etc.) mysterious to me (I'm sure I'll learn it pretty fast with the device connected but now I'm waiting for parts I just ordered online).

Guest Stephan Haas

Piotr,FSLCD will also work without the physical device and the actual conncetion. Just start the program and FS and you can see it working.I'm not good in formatting myself, so I lend the definitions from Nico Kaan. Have a look at his website to see his FSLCD implementation and go to his download page for the definions file. He's much better in it than I am.wwww.nicokaan.nlKind regards,Stephan Haaswww.lemont.nl/b767flightdeckhttp://www.pic767flyingclub.com/images/sas544.jpg

%06.2f means formatted in a fixed number of digits, with leading zeroes, 6 in total of which 2 are after the decimal point.(%6.2f would be the same but without leading zeroes ...)%s means "String"It's more or less the same as in the C-language printf statement, but that is not much of help to you I'm afraid ;-) CheersNicowww.nicokaan.nlfc.php?vatsim=814584&indicator=OD1&a=pic767.jpg

Guest steku

Thanks a lot!I used to program in BASIC, Pascal, Assembler and Fortran but never really started with C (you know - all those "+" signs - who can count them) ;)"%s means string" - I like "strings" ;)I'm starting to like FSLCD. I like simple and effective tools like this! I just tested it without LCD with Nico definitions and all starts to look easy!Is there any performance (FPS) penalty when using FSLCD? I'm using TrackIR and smooth view paning is essential to me (I fly small GA planes).Is there a possibility to display a letter on LCD when logical value is TRUE and SPACE when is false? For example I'd like to display a letter H (or better a string "HDG") when autopilot is in HDG mode and display nothing (spaces) when HDG mode is not engaged.Now I can only display "*" when TRUE and space when FALSE.

>I used to program in BASIC, Pascal, Assembler and Fortran but>never really started with C (you know - all those "+" signs ->who can count them) ;)OK!, well C is not my favourite either. It's very easy to make mistakes. For instance if you wrongly type "if (x=37)" instead of "if (x == 37)" the compiler will not complain and generate code for the assigment of value 37 to variable x ... and treat that result as a BOOL !?! :-(>Is there any performance (FPS) penalty when using FSLCD? The sampling frequency of FSLCD can be controlled with the Write Delay variable (LCD settings in the userinterface). I let FSLCD sample just two times a second, but even people with write delays down to 20 ms (50 times a second) do not report any noticable performance penalties!>Is there a possibility to display a letter on LCD when logical>value is TRUE and SPACE when is false? For example I'd like to>display a letter H (or better a string "HDG") when autopilot>is in HDG mode and display nothing (spaces) when HDG mode is>not engaged.>Now I can only display "*" when TRUE and space when FALSE.I'm not sure, but I don't think that is possible.Regards,Nicowww.nicokaan.nlfc.php?vatsim=814584&indicator=OD1&a=pic767.jpg