Sign in to follow this  
Guest nauwa

Free FD

Hello,Does anybody know anything about FreeFD, the site is not available anymore?Johan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

They were connected with Flight Deck Software, whose site is offline as well.They got upset about Pete Dowson having the temerity to charge commercial developers for FSUIPC after giving it away for so long, and launched their free version to give to them instead. Maybe they found out that there's more to it than they thought?Richard

Ok, Thanks, will see if it is newer than I have.The CDU looks cool, will give it a try as wellJohan

Hi Guys!First, if I give any wrong info, I appologise for this now!!Johan, it does look like the site for FreeFD is down now, for what reason I do not know, download it from,http://fmc.scumari.nl/download.htmlYou will not be dissapointed with with this add on! I have ran it for about 1 year, its free and fantastic!!!George, I had a few probs getting the FMC working from P8R, but as for the keycode you cannot get past, just use any 'six' digits/numbers you like, this is all that is required, read the readme and it tells you what I write, and away you go!Regards Steve

>They were connected with Flight Deck Software, whose site is>offline as well.>>They got upset about Pete Dowson having the temerity to charge>commercial developers for FSUIPC after giving it away for so>long, and launched their free version to give to them instead.>Maybe they found out that there's more to it than they>thought?>>RichardI tried to use the FDS Wide Connect with FreeFD and it wasn't as fast as FSUIPC with WideFS. I got unbearable FPS, while FSUIPC/WideFS gives me 32 FPS on my lowly AMD 800 mhz (which is separate from my fs2k4 box so it only runs FreeFD and the P8R FMC).