Sign in to follow this  

Some things to consider

First, let me compliment you on your site - its the BEST. Now for some positive feedback. When downloading now, why must I agree to the license agreement for each download. Why not present the license agreement as the first thing when I go to the file library. This way, I only need to agree to it once during the download session. Second, have of the descriptions of your downloads make no sense, except only to the person who posts the upload. I also would like to be able to select multiple file for downloads, and then, execute the download process. This would save a lot of time, and definitely make it easier. I would also suggest that you start looking into setting some standards for uploads. Some of the download files only make sense to the developer, and not us, the end-user. No matter how great the upload is, if I can't install it efficiently or correctly, it is worthless. Think QUALITY and not QUANTITY!.

Hey Bob,First off, im not an official at this site, just a forum guy....Not to be rude or anything but...most of us flightsim users know how to install planes and scenery and dont need in-depth instructions which are usualy included. as an example when i download planes, i just unzip to aircraft folder and fly, unless it has extra things...and your kind of asking of alot...so the point of this post is:Second, have of the descriptions of your downloads make no sense, except only to the person who posts the upload. >>>The make plenty of sense to me, therye not supposed to be a documentary, maybe a 2 senetce description of it just touching ther basics of it. I also would like to be able to select multiple file for downloads, and then, execute the download process. This would save a lot of time, and definitely make it easier.>>>Easier yes, but probally not going to come..I would also suggest that you start looking into setting some standards for uploads. Some of the download files only make sense to the developer, and not us, the end-user. >>>Setting standards...this is a freeware site, and we should keep it that way, AVSIM has surpassed many standards and as an educated guess i would say that 75+ %of users know how to install objects without through insturctions, but are still included. No matter how great the upload is, if I can't install it efficiently or correctly, it is worthless. Think QUALITY and not QUANTITY!. >>> refer to the above reply...id say a good 90% of AVSIMs objects are of high wuality and quantity, maybe not as much as flightsim.com, but they accept every file they get spam or excellent file.Hope this information helps...

Guest The Ancient Brit

Bob,I must be lucky since I don

Bob, the only time you see a license agreement is when you download an FFG add-on. They requested that we put that in before downloading any of thier files. We do not put licenses on anything else. As for description, we use what is provided to us. We do not have the time to download every file, place it on our systems, figure it out, and then write our own descriptions. We try to get authors to cooperate with the need for accurate information, but obviously are not very successful in some case. My suggestion is that you write the authors and ask them to include more information. Having said that, we are bringing on an upload system later today that will go a long way toward fixing that issue.As for standards and quality; who are we to judge? One man's junk is another's treasure. Were we to start "standardizing", how many young, inexperienced potentially great authors would be discourage?