Sign in to follow this  
iwik

FSBUS 2.3 OUT

Guest stevelep

If we still use the classic generation of FSBUSCOMIII and modules, shall we update to 2.3 too ?BOB

Guest yoss

Would be great to know about changes there compared to previous version--could not get any details in d-loaded file

Guest bowingic

When you do the install there is a readme type description at the start which will answer these questions.

Great news with this new FsBus version !!!I downloaded it and made some tests with the new functions.Now Fsbus supports also blank displays.So when battery is off in you FS there is no power to 7-segments or leds in your hardware panels. You must switch on battery first :-) !!Also there is a new fuction to make blank displays for specific 7-segments like VS and SPEED in our MCP panel, or display dashes, or the STD in Airbus.Thank you Dirk for updating, improving and sharing your Fsbus system with us !! Eddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Guest sandro becker

can we imput rotary switch at this version or only ccc?

Guest sandro becker

>What do you mean?>>>Eddie Armaos>Athens-Greecei want to use key comand with rotary switch instead of ccc comand.like pmdg that give me key sequence to increase or decrease heading. bu i want to use this comands when i turn rotary and it comands a key sequence to change values in fs.regards

PMDG is not a good example and of course not the best solution for cockpit builders, but is one of the best product for standalone FS.PMDG only accepts keyboard commands, is not an open system with the outer world, for inputs and outputs via Fsuipc offsets or with SDK. That you are looking for is a h/w system with rotary switches or rotary encoders as input and to emulate the keyboard, so FS read these keypresses. Fsbus and Opencockpits they already support keyboard emulators.Another approach is the LevelD767, which is the best solution for many home cockpit builders. Even it is a small Fs add-on product it is also give you (via a free SDK kit)a full functionality to control or read the 767. With Niko's s/w and fsuipc you can turn your switches and tunr the 767 and almost all the functions!!Of course the Best and almost PRO solution is the Project Magenta !!!Good luckEddie ArmaosAthens-Greece

Guest sandro becker

>PMDG is not a good example and of course not the best>solution for cockpit builders, but is one of the best product>for standalone FS.>>PMDG only accepts keyboard commands, is not an open system>with the outer world, for inputs and outputs via Fsuipc>offsets or with SDK. That you are looking for is a h/w system>with rotary switches or rotary encoders as input and to>emulate the keyboard, so FS read these keypresses. Fsbus and>Opencockpits they already support keyboard emulators.>>>Another approach is the LevelD767, which is the best solution>for many home cockpit builders. Even it is a small Fs add-on>product it is also give you (via a free SDK kit)a full>functionality to control or read the 767. With Niko's s/w and>fsuipc you can turn your switches and tunr the 767 and almost>all the functions!!>>>Of course the Best and almost PRO solution is the Project>Magenta !!!>>>Good luck>>>Eddie Armaos>Athens-GreeceThanks,I just want to use fsbus with Conrad rotary switch. i friend of mine made a ccc to make it work. its 90% ok, but its possible to use key comand at on and offo sequence to make values change in fs?

Guest bowingic

HiTo use a rotary to activate two key commands for a function (eg increase with one key input and decrease with an another) you need to use a knitter rotary or alternatively build a REDEC circuit which connects between the rotary and the FSKEY board. I can send you a copy of the REDEC circuit if you can't find it anywhere.

>Hi>To use a rotary to activate two key commands for a function>(eg increase with one key input and decrease with an another)>you need to use a knitter rotary or alternatively build a>REDEC circuit which connects between the rotary and the FSKEY>board. I can send you a copy of the REDEC circuit if you can't>find it anywhere.> Hi,Actually some rotary encoders works without any external circuit or hardware. I tested ones I bought from FDS and they works ok without REDEC. Both with and without detends.Take care,Joni

Guest bowingic

Hi JoniWere you using them to operate two key inputs or just directly to an FSUIPC offset (eg OBS) I use some rotaries direct myself (for OBS etc.) but other than Knitters I have not found any that will operate two key inputs on FSBUS without REDEC. Be interested to know if you are doing this.

Guest sandro becker

>Hi>To use a rotary to activate two key commands for a function>(eg increase with one key input and decrease with an another)>you need to use a knitter rotary or alternatively build a>REDEC circuit which connects between the rotary and the FSKEY>board. I can send you a copy of the REDEC circuit if you can't>find it anywhere.> its great if u can send it. resuming, conrad its not possible?

Guest sandro becker

>>Hi>>To use a rotary to activate two key commands for a function>>(eg increase with one key input and decrease with an>another)>>you need to use a knitter rotary or alternatively build a>>REDEC circuit which connects between the rotary and the>FSKEY>>board. I can send you a copy of the REDEC circuit if you>can't>>find it anywhere.>> >>>Hi,>>Actually some rotary encoders works without any external>circuit or hardware. I tested ones I bought from FDS and they>works ok without REDEC. Both with and without detends.>>Take care,>>Jonihi Joni,What kind of rotary u use to make two key comand imput via fsbus? its a smooth rotary like conrad? regards.