Sign in to follow this  
Themis

New FSBUS ver 2.4.1

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I have already sent an email to Dirk with some questions.Here's a summary for your info.In the new manual it states that some rotary encoders can be directly connected to the DIO card. So, first question was as to which encoders are supported and if the specific type I am using (Alps EC11-B24series)is supported or not.Also,There is (was?) a problem with FSRouter and the heading and course values.Some addons operate them from 000 to 359 (LevelD767 is an example),other from 001 to 360.I am having trouble making the HDG or CRS work correctly. I have enabled the "loop on overrun" option. When the addon required settings of 000 to 359 the 0 value is never displayed. Instead the value moves from 359 to 1 and vice versa.As I understand the zero (0) indicates a no minimum value ?Can you please take a look at this fix it. Maybe a checkbox to enable/disable use of the min/max values should be used instead ?The frequency control of the Mhz and Khz parts of COM, NAV etc does not seem to be working properly. I have set one rotary to change the Mhz and another to change the Khz. Then on the Mhz rotary I have set the "Integer" option and on the Khz rotary the "Fractional" option.But, when the Mhz value is changed the decimal (Khz) value is reset to zero (0), and does not retain the decimal value. For example the frequency is 118.55, and I want to make it 119.55, I turn the Mhz rotary and the display becomes 119.00 instead.I have tried with the "Round" option both enabled and disabled and I get the same results.The email was sent 5th of December. I haven't heard from Dirk yet. I assume he's busy.George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

>The frequency control of the Mhz and Khz parts of COM, NAV etc>does not seem to be working properly. I have set one rotary>to change the Mhz and another to change the Khz. Then on the>Mhz rotary I have set the "Integer" option and on the Khz>rotary the "Fractional" option.>But, when the Mhz value is changed the decimal (Khz) value is>reset to zero (0), and does not retain the decimal value. For>example the frequency is 118.55, and I want to make it 119.55,>I turn the Mhz rotary and the display becomes 119.00 instead.>I have tried with the "Round" option both enabled and disabled>and I get the same results.This was a problem before, but I am pretty sure it works okay on our setup nowadays. Which version of fsbus has this problem for you?I can check our config the next time I visit the club. I remember something fixed it, but it's been a long time since, so I forget what helped..>The email was sent 5th of December. I haven't heard from Dirk>yet. I assume he's busy.Yep, very likely. //Tuomas

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I have mentioned this to Dirk before.It was fixed on ver 2.0 or something but got broken again on 2.2 (last I used).I haven't checked with 2.4.1 that's why I address it as a question and not as an actual bug, but since it was there on v2.2 it's likely it's still there.I'm currently re-wiring all my hardware for better maintenance so I can't actually check until I'm done.Cheers,George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

Guest bowingic

Hi George,TuomasI also experience the HDG CRS 359 to 1 issue and the frequency problem using ver2.2I haven't been able to check 2.41 properly because the problem I'm having seems to be a key being operated on and off all the time (something with SHIFT I think)as lots of my inputs to LDS767 via FSCONV go haywire. For information of LDS767 users my CTR ELEC1 Hydraulic pump turns on and off continuously with the new version of FSbus installed, using the same FSIF.ini as I use with ver2.2. The reason I didn't list a problem is that so many things are affected it is hard to determine what is going on and I'm not sure it is an FSbus problem or some sort of incompatibility of the new version with the FSCONV LDS767 or a problem peculiar to my system???? That's why I asked if anyone else was having problems. All I know is that if I switch back to ver 2.2 there are no problems (apart from those you mentioned)I have tried this on several occasions with the same result so its not a one off and it happens every time I put the new version on.I am still investigating so will report back if I find the solution.

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Ian,You can NOT use the existing FSIF.ini file with the new FSConv 4 version. The offsets differ in many cases as well as the implementation Nico did on some areas.You have to use ONLY FSConv v3.10 with that FSIF.ini file.FSBus 2.4.1 should work ok though.I'm working on re-writing the FSIF.ini file during the past days.I hope to have it finished soon. There are a lot of new things to put in, and at the meantime I try to expedite the re-wiring I do so that I can test it.George DorkofikisAthens, Hellashttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

Guest bowingic

Hi GeorgeYes I had realised that and altered my FSIF.ini to match the new FSCONV before running FSBUS 2.4. I have FSCONV4/LDS running fine with ver2.2 FSbus....I have determined that the problem I'm having with FSBUS 2.4 is not related to FSCONV.Some things which I have running on LDS custom keys through my Aerosoft MCP work without FSCONV or FSBUS running. If I then run FSBUS 2.2 in the background they still work. With FSBUS 2.4 running things go haywire eg CTL+SHIFT+U is my LDS custom key for the Battery Switch and is generated by the Aerosoft MCP interface. Similarly CTL+SHIFT+F2 is my custom key for the ROUTE Function on my FMC Keypad, also generated by my Aerosoft MCP interface.These work as normal with FSBUS2.2 running in the background, as would be expected as they are not using FSBUS at all.However with FSBUS 2.4 loaded pressing the Route button now operates the Battery Switch....this is just one example of many.If I test FSBUS connected switches on the router software (using ver2.4) they operate normally(eg.switch from 0 to 1)but generate incorrect key outputs to FS9.It appears FSBUS ver 2.4 is screwing up the keyboard outputs??? Switching back to ver 2.2 and the MCP generated keys work normally.Be interested to hear if you find similar things happening.I'm sure there is something funny with FSBUS 2.4....it may be a matter of something I've missed in the new version rather than a bug, but I have checked available docs etc. thoroughly.I'm using only Classic FSBUS boards.Thanks for your interest in helping with this

Hi George,>The offsets differ in many cases as well as the>implementation Nico did on some areas.Sorry for that, but I had to do it to make my service definitions easier to understand. I have a back ground in computer science so you may call it a "profesional tic" if you like ;-)>I'm working on re-writing the FSIF.ini file during the past>days.Look also to the changes I made in version 4.03. The fuel panel has changed so that FSBUS users like you can just connect your leds to bits.. No difficult unpacking of packed integer values since I understand that that's not easy in plain FSBUS.I'm of course willing to host your FSIF.ini file when it's ready. I removed the previous one in order to prevent compatibility problems.Best Regards,Nicowww.nicokaan.nl1704.png

Hi George,Even more on-going developments:Today I will also add LeftPackOff and RightPackOff flags for the Pneumatics panel.LeftPackOff = LeftPack switch in position OFF OR Leftbleed Pressure = 0 (that's how I have implemented this led in SIOC and it works fine).These bits will save you, FSBUS users, from unpacking the packed switch statusses and you don't have to let the bleeds generated by FSCONV. Just connect your leds to the bits.Cheers,Nicowww.nicokaan.nl1704.png