Sign in to follow this  

A big thank you to Bear

I feel a great urge to send out a big "thank you" to Steve Cartwright.Steve, I really appreciate the time you take to evaluate all the freeware uploads and write "Bear's Top Picks" for us. I am rarely disappointed in downloads based on your suggestions. Many of us do not have time to spend sifting through all the freeware postings and can only rely on judging books by their covers on the front page Library Updates lists, when we don't miss the daily list altogether.I will also add that I believe your recent picks of 20 top files is just right. Even if there is a particularly fruitful month, 20 is about the most I am comfortable reading about and downloading in one sitting and gives me plenty of toys to play with for the month.Thank you for your great writings, Steve!Regards,Brian Cerveny

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have to second that, I look forward to it every time it comes out. Well done and to the point, thanks from this simmer.

I loved the Bear Cave reviews and miss them greatly! Nobody could fill Steve's shoe's, but could someone fill in while he's busy? I seldom look at the Avsim frontpage anymore and alot of great freeware has been coming out of late! I almost missed a re-release of one of my past favorite planes for FS, the Stearman Kaydet by David Eckert. In the past if I missed the frontpage have no fear Bear would have reviewed it! I'm waiting for the FS9 to download and hope it's the same as I remember! Bonus this one comes with a scenery package by Mark Smith. Credit for the FDE, Dennis Seeley. The Cave is/was the best part of Avsim and that was all thanks to Steve! When is going to do another Cave?