Sign in to follow this  

Avsim home page locks up Netscape 6

Over the last week or 10 days, I have noticed that when I hit my "Avsim" shortcut, NS6 will lock up in about one out of three tries, requiring the three-finger salute to shut NS down. This is a new behavior, and to my knowledge nothing has changed on my end, so it seems like something has changed on yours.I am 90% sure it's in your Java code.Just wanted to let you know...Dave BlevinsKRHV

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can confirm this using Mozilla 1.0 ("Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.0) Gecko/20020530") on Windows 2000 with JDK 1.3.1 from Sun.What I did was: I opened this forum message. I usually have Java disabled, so I enabled it, then clicked the AVSIM icon so that the avsim.com home page opened up in a second browser window. I didn't notice any problems with that page, but when I closed that window, the other window wouldn't redraw any more.See the screenshot attached below. Note the Java icon is still in the taskbar tray. Emacs window in the background is blurred on purpose, since I had a private email message open.Hmm, I just realize I cannot post any screenshots in this forum? Ok, I'll post it in the screenshots forum then...@blave: Disabling Java solves the problem.