Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Frame Rates seem higher in windows mode then 3D mode.

This is the first time I noticed this but I seem to get better FPS in Windows mode then in 3D mode (Fullscreen). Is this normal or do I have something set wrong. I recently installed the NVida 40.41 drivers and they seem ok to me. I run FS2002 and WindowsXP both at 1280x1024 on a GeForce4 TI 4400.

Hi Talon1,I have notice the rates the same or a few frames better on my G-Force 2 GTS 32 megs in windows mode, but it sure looked like :-spam1 . Getting to your point, maybe some of the guru

Vl3MQY.png

Guest jaapverduijn

It's easily explained: in windowed mode many nice little tweaks and settings that are operative in full screen mode (like anti-aliasing etcetera) are turned off. So the frame rates increase, but the quality decreases. Jaap Verduijn.

In 3D mode you are using the resolution specified from within FS2002. In Windows mode you are using the resolution specified by your desktop settings. This may explain the difference.Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Jaap,In a thread a couple of weeks ago you mentioned that GTU would not change LOD settings in drivers newer than 29.xx without a patch.Could you advise where to gte this patch please?I have looked on the GTU & Guru3D sites and found nothing.