Sign in to follow this  
shermank

Corrupted strobe/nav/wheel/float//wave effects

My strobe/nav lights, wheel/float effects, and waves along lakes/rivers have recently become corrupted and display as large squares.I renamed my FS2002 directory and did a fresh install. All was fine there so it's not a graphics card problem.I expect that one of my recent addons done with an *.exe installer has altered some file and caused my problem.Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to deal with this?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have just posted this same problem on a couple of other forums and was getting ready to do it here. I, too thought it was connected with my card, an Nivida mx400 with 64 megs, though everything was performing well until a few days ago. I do not want to disparage an otherwise excellent freeware, and cannot say there is a connection, but my trouble with square waves began after I installed the Grumman Duck and the special effects files with it. I also noticed that I was not getting proper smoke effects on the duck (just a grey straight line smudge (blocky in a way)), and lost all smoke effects on my other aircraft. That's about the time I began to notice my problems. Is there a cause and effect, here? And, for that matter, are waves controlled as texture or as effect? Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL