Sign in to follow this  

Strange Problem to start FS2002

Hi Since few day, my FS2002 don't want to start correctly. i'm using windows XP. Some time in begin screen when i want to create fligh, if i do nothing, FS2002 exit himself to windows. If i create fligh quicly, it's blocking after, when downloading "AI environnement" and i must kill process. The only thing i find is to run FS2002 in compatibility mode to Windows 98. Is somebody have a idea to repair this that i can run in normal mode like before ?I'd tried to uninstall all FS2002 and addons and check with new install without addons, it's the same. I really don't understand what's happen. Perhaps some dlls in windows XP who are corrupted ?Thanks for your help.Bibendum

I have to run it in Compatibility Mode also. If it's not in compatibility mode none of the 3d graphics work? I noticed that it will work with any of the different modes, so I just leave it on 2000, as that is the latest one. It was working fine for a week, then it stopped working. That was on my old hard drive. I got a new one, reinstalled XP and FS, and it never worked in normal mode.Matt

hiBut for me it was all the time working in normal mode with XP OS, till some few days !!! ;-(

Extract the following files from your fs2002 CDs:default.dpairlines.cfgtraffic.bglusing an unzipping program. Once extracted, open windows explorer, find default.dp and airlines.cfg in your fs2002aircraft folder. Rename each to default.OLD and airlines.OLD. Get the new extracted files and paste to this folder. Find traffic.bgl in your fs2002scenedbATCScenery folder and rename it to traffic.OLD. Get the new extracted file and paste to this folder.Start fs2002, select a flight, load, and see if it corrects your problem. If not, you have installed some file that is causing your problem, such as FSUIPC ver 2.89. If you have FSUIPC ver 2.89, update to ver 2.891 and see if it corrects your problem.Lastly, if you feel WinXP is corrupted, insert your WinXP CD into your CD drive, and accomplish a restore/recovery installation.

HiEven with this procedure it's the same.I'd tried too to delete fsuipc.dll and fsuipc.ini, it's the same.I have the latest version 2.891, same problem too.I will let it in compatibility mode windows 98 but i wanted to known why now it's like this !!! grrrrrrr Thanks Bibendum