Sign in to follow this  
Guest P3_Super_Bee

Help with replacing aircraft textures

Maybe you guys can help me, how do you properly add texture only airplanes to FS2002? It seems Every time I try to change the aircraft.cfg of the original aircraft, and add the new information of the new aircraft, the plane becomes unusable. The plane sinks into the ground while it's accelerating forward, then at a certain speed (I can't see the actual speed cause the numbers jump all over the place) then plane lift off and everything seems fine, but I don't have any joystick control or key control.I usually then get rid of the new texture plane, and the original plane and then re-install the original plane again and everything would be fine.Would anyone know what I'm doing wrong?And this happens any time I try and change a original aircraft.cfg fileMaybe I'm saving the new cfg file wrong or something?

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Here is how I do Multiple Textures.I'm using Mike Stone's RJ-85/BAe-146.In the first pic is how each folder is labeled inside the aircraft folder. I circled the panel folder, only because there are only 2 panels. Textures are done the same way. Notice the panel folders are labeled "panel.85" and "panel.146" The textures are done the same way just add a dot and what ever you want to label it with. panels I used aircraft type, Textures I use Airline intials. It can be how ever you want. Most use numbers, IE texture.1 texture.2, etc.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d7b410f3556c7e2.jpgOnce you have labeled the folders open the aircraft.cfg file. Here a few things have to happen.http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d7b43623bb7b3cc.jpg1. COPY the info in the green box and paste it below the original. You will do this as many times as you have texture folders.2. Now look in the top pink box the lines with a dot trailing them need to be modified.3. The fltsim.0, the next number in numerical order. If first add-on texture it will read fltsim.1 (Notice in bottom pink box.4. Title, Has to be different from any other. In this example one is "RJ85 paint ue" and the other is "RJ85 paint nw", This is the same as the folders can be anything. I try to keep it simple and use same as the folder name.5. Texture, Here you put the name of the folder, if left blank MSFS will look for a texture folder with only the name texture.6. UI Variation, This what you will see when selecting aircraft inside MSFS in the select aircraft section. 7. Some other things that can be changed to make you new texture it own is changing the:"atc_id=" line this is for the reg number of the aircraft."atc_airline=" and "atc_flight_number=" These are for the callsign and flight number, they can be change here or when in MSFS at the sircraft select screen.These lines do not have to be changed to see the added textures, just makes it more "Real as it Gets"Hope this is easy to understand. Might sound like lot, and hard to do, but once you do it a couple of times its pretty easy.If this is greek to you, let me know here or email me at p3superb@aol.com and I will try to help some more.:-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/images/675-2fs.jpg