Sign in to follow this  
Guest DSandberg

Making a Paintshop layered image into a Photoshop Image

Is there a way to do this? I just got Photoshop, but now all the paintshop layered images I saved won't open in photoshop (all the *.psp images) I need them becuase they contain all the work I did on repaints like logo's and stuff. Is there a way to make them a photoshop image without losing the layers, or if not, can i just get them so photoshop can read them?I really hope so, I don't want to have both paintshop and photoshop on my hard drive.Thanks in advance!!

In order to open the file in Photoshop (ver. 7, this is what I have) you need to be able to save the file in .psd (Photoshop) format for you to keep your layers.If you can't do that, the only other idea I have is to save each layer in Paintshop as a indivdual .tif image. Open each image in photoshop and drag each image (each of different layer) into a new Photoshop file. This way each image will be on a different layer.Hope this helps,Gerry

Guest emergency_pants

Do tif images retain alpha channels? If so, that's cool... but if not, you might try saving each Paintshop layer as a png instead and then placing each of those png into PhotoShop layers as Gerry suggests. As far as I know, that's the only way to do it. Might be a long process! :(

Guest DSandberg

Any version of Paint Shop Pro that supports PSP files can also save files in the Photoshop-compatible PSD format with layer information preserved. (Although PSP format is generally preferable to PSD for anyone that plans to continue using PSP as their editor, as the PSP format saves additional file details and compresses better as well.)- David Sandberg