Sign in to follow this  

Out of Memory

I flew out of Atlanta to Orlando in Mike Stones great 757,& climbed out to my cruise altitude of 38,500ft.I started my decent just above Jacksonville ( this is all normal flight time) I was just north of the Orlando VOR, lined up with Runway 17, requested permission to land. I was about ready to drop the gear when I get this "your computer is out of available memory Flight Sim 2002 will exit". What a bummer! I have a p-4 1.4g with 512 ram and an Invidia 64mb g-Force 2 card. Has anyone experienced this? Or am getting ready to experience something unpleasant with my computer.

Just a hunch...Are you using any other external programs at the time of landing?For instance, the weathermaker software just released? I had virtually the same problem on approach to landing at Cincinatti on a flight from Nashville in the DHC7 last night. I was running weathermaker with a lot of thunderstorms going on. I was wondering if this thing has a memory leak in it. (maybe not...Im not making any accusations!) however new software sometimes has problems.I have over 700MB of ram, so I was very surprised when I got this.Its indicative of a memory leak IMHO.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest bones

I got this last night but it was my own fault. I'd left FS running whilst I had a quick look through this forum and I came across a screenshot that I thought I'd duplicate. Opened FS again, went to the location and hit PrintScreen, then opened PSP and pasted the picture. Cut the border out to tidy it up a bit, pasted the second picture - and bang. FS said goodbye and quit.In this case I was just being too ambitious with too many things running. For my normal FS operations I usually clean boot the system and kill all running applications before opening FS. It makes a lot of difference - even on a P4 1.8 with 512MB Rambus.

It happened to me this past weekend as I was about to land at Calgary Intl. Never had it happen before or since. I only have 256 mb ram though, but have ordered another 128 to add in.KP

Lots of good suggestions....One more...have you applied any tweaks at all to FS2002, especially to FS2002.cfg?Some have tweaked these default settings:TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=2.5TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.0TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=1They've suggested increasing some or all of the numbers. A side effect of tweaking these values will be an increased memory footprint for FS2002.Still, with 512 megs of RAM, I suspect something else may be the cause. Do a thorough going over of your system. Look at startup programs, etc.... Make sure you start FS2002 on a clean system. If you've been surfing the web and/or using other apps prior to a FS2002 session, reboot. Some app out there may just be fragmenting RAM....-John

Guest C17SimGuy

Am I correct when I assume you are using SimFlyer's KMCO? If so, there are a few things you can try to remedy the problem. . .check the simflyers.net forum for the some solutions. -drew

What are you doing cruising at 38,500 ft.The 500 ft. goes out above 18,000 ft.Check your correct altitudes to fly, your computer was trying to remember where it had seen someone at that altitude before and just ran out of memory. "The devil made me do it" :-))