Sign in to follow this  

"Robotic" voice in ATC"

I never had this problem before, just after I installed PIC767 and merged it with my POSKY 767. In the cockpit view I get a really annoying "clicking" sound (as if the sound was coming from an old LP) and whenever ATC sends in a message it comes slow almost with a robotic voice... I tried lowering the sound quality, reducing the ammount of ATC messsages, freeing more memory... nothing worked.Did any of you guys ever had the same problem??? It's so damn annoying...Just for the records, my sound card is my Soyo Dragon K7V motherboard card. It's quite lovely for a built in sound card and it never gave me problems... oh and when I checked I still had about 40% of my 256Mb RAM free...Cheers!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi there,it's definitely a sound problem. To get rid of the clicking sound you'll have to turn up the sound quality to the highest level. However, this is not likely to solve the ATC problem. You could try replacing the PIC sounds with the default 737 sounds (just copy over the sound.cfg from the 777 or 747 folder). This will not affect the GPWS callouts, as they're part of the gauges.Cheers,Gosta.

Hi. Do you have a Nvidia videocard? If so, are you using the new 40.41 drivers?I'm using a Geforce3-Ti500 and I had the same problem after upgrading to the 40.41 drivers. It only happened when the system was stressed, for example when using a complex panel or flying with lots of scattered clouds.I returned to the 30.82 drivers and the problem dissapeared.

Geeee I didn't notice that, I've just updated my system to the new Nvidia drivers... did it work out? Oh well, guess I'll have to make a "downgrade" in my system then...