Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

Can a person buy a US Flight Supplement...Question for

pilots or anyone that knows...I fly in Canada a lot and a pilot friend of mine gave me an old CFS (Canada Flight Supplement). I absolutely love it - I can look up arrival runways and ILS freqs, approach and ATIS freqs enroute. I would love to buy something similar for the US. Does a comprehensive document exist. I suspect that if it does, it's gotta be about a foot thick! :( Thanks a lot, Adam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

G'DayIf you can provide more information from the one that you have, such as publisher, ISN number, etc, etc, I'll see if I can find one for you. Sounds like a needle in a haystack but I know of an excellent search engine that is exclusively for books.regards,Heather

I just did a little browsing and came up with all kinds of stuff.I don't know if this would be the same material but take a look at this.1) Go to www.abebooks.com2} In the "Title" window, type in Airway Manual3) Click on "Search"I came up with 20 results on that entry alone. The material looked very promising.An earlier entry in the "Keywords" window of Aviation Navigation gave me 909 results; all kinds of stuff.Even if you don't find exactly what you're looking for, i have no doubt that you will see many other enticing goodies.I could spend a fortune in a New York minute through this search engine. Also excellent for finding any other book you might have been looking for.Cheers and Good Hunting!Heather 636

Thanks a bunch, Heather...I will check out the site you suggest.CFS is a publication under the authority of NAV CANADA and pub by Geomatics Canada, dnr FYI so I doubt there would be any leads there.Thanks again,Adam

Sounds like an Airport/Facility Directory (AFD). They have them for different regions of the US (Southeast, Northeast, etc.). Perhaps a local airport would have them, but I don't know if a Canadian airport would. Thay can be bought online at most pilot shops. The AFD contains all airport frequencies, runway lengths, navigation info for the runways, and more.Another option is you may be able to buy the AOPA AFD. It has all the info for all the airports in the US. You might check www.sportys.com/shoppilot

Hi Adam,just the other day I bought the US Terminal Procedures for Southern California at Aviation World near Vancouver Airport. They were only $6.50 CDN, and they also had a supplement like you described. The charts are published by the FAA, and can be ordered here:National Aeronautical Charting OfficeFAA, N/ACC3Distribution DivisionRiverdale, MD 20737Telephone Toll Free (800) 638-8972e-mail 9-AMC-NACOWebmaster@FAA.govBut you may want to check your local aviation shops first, they might have them.Cheers,Gosta.

Try Sportys Pilot shop (www.sportys.com) . In Canada all our airports are listed in one publishing, the CFS. In the USA, all the facilities are in seperate books depending on the region. Chris

Thankyou everyone for the responses/leads. I think I just might have to invest in some of these pkg's. Happy flying!Adam:-)