Sign in to follow this  

FS Maintenance Problem (taxi speed)

I tried several times to register on the LAGO forums to post this, but it never emails the password.I keep getting excessive taxi speed errors. This happened once during the shareware period. Since registereing the product it had only happened a few times. It seemed to only do it on multi hop flighs where I would leave the engine running between landings. I've since been shutting down between hops and I thought it was working.The last few flights I've flown, as soon as I start the engine I get a penalty for "Excessive yaw during rollout." Then I get the "Excessive taxi speed" for every minute of flight until my brakes fail. I have killed the sounds in FSM, so I don't notice this until it's too late.I searched the LAGO forums for this problem, and the only references I found said it was corrected in the v1.10 patch. I have v1.10 though. Any ideas as to what's wrong?

>I tried several times to register on the LAGO forums to post >this, but it never emails the password. Mmmm... let me check this one out. With what name did you register?Send it to mathijs@lagoonline.com>I keep getting excessive taxi speed errors. This happened >once during the shareware period. Since registereing the >product it had only happened a few times. It seemed to only >do it on multi hop flights where I would leave the engine >running between landings. I've since been shutting down >between hops and I thought it was working. Taxispeed is measured with ground speed (as it should) and when you have some wind it could be that your indication is disturbed by the wind. Of course the maxminum allowed groudspeed can be set in the CFG file if you don't like it the default setting.>The last few flights I've flown, as soon as I start the >engine I get a penalty for "Excessive yaw during rollout." >Then I get the "Excessive taxi speed" for every minute of >flight until my brakes fail. I have killed the sounds in >FSM, so I don't notice this until it's too late. Now things get really weird. We check for yaw only for 3 seconds after touchdown so somehow your copy of FSM seems to think it is touching down the moment engines are started. Very weird and there is nothing in our code that suggests how this could happen.Checking our database I can not find any such report.I have the feeling some of the files are not okay as the efects are so far from normal behavior. Therefor I do something I always try to avoid and will ask you to de-install and reinstall.Mathijs

I believe what is happening is you have to shut the engines down, then get your flight report from FS Maintenance before you go on another leg. Otherwise it still thinks you are on the ground taxing at 300Knots ;-))When I do that it doesn't happen.

>>I tried several times to register on the LAGO forums to post >>this, but it never emails the password. >>Mmmm... let me check this one out. With what name did you >register? >Send it to mathijs@lagoonline.com You must have found it, it was forwarded to me today. I'll post over there after I reinstall if it still does it. Thanks for the quick response.

It's really simple ;-)Just shut down your engines, get your report, then start it up again.;-))

Oh, so it happens when you only do one leg as well? What's happening is after you takeoff and then land, then takeoff again, FS Maintenance still assumes you're on the ground for what ever reason, thus the taxispeed warning. Until you actually shut down your engines and engage the parking break, does it realize the flight is completed.All you do then is start FS Maintenance again, start your engines and continue your flight as normal ;-)