Sign in to follow this  
Guest Muppet22

Can anyone explain this?

Guest Muppet22

HiSee attached screenshot.Of late I get an annoying 'boundary' between where textures appear normalish and where they appear completely blurry. On the screenshot, 'south' of the red line indicates the normalish area.I can't work out why it has gone like this? Anyone got any tricks/tips/tweaks etc that I can maybe try?Card is a GF4Ti4400 using 40.71 drivers (same effect with all the 40 series of drivers).EDIT - other system specs are XP1900 & 512mb DDRThanks

Hi Tom,are you using landclass files in that area? They sometimes take a bit longer to load. Also, do you have 'extended terrain textures' enabled in the display settings?Cheers,Gosta.

Guest gasebah

There is a simple reason for that. Your are flying a plane that is too fast, at too high altitudes, with too high graphics settings on a computer that is simply too slow to load the textures fast enough. Even the so called normalish area is very low res. It is the widely feared blurried texture problem on a very extreme scale.Alex

Hi,Try reducing the frame rate. That gives the processor more time to load scenery textures instead of spending all of its time trying to give you the highest possible frame rate. I have a Athlon 2000XP / GeForce4 Ti4600, 512Mb PC2100 memory and limit the frame rate to 19. I don't see that happen very often at all.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Also, enable Terrain Extended Textures if it's not enabled. That's what happened to me when I turned it off.

Well, I think that a Ti4400 wouldn't cause that, try your terrain settings and your frame rate lock.Greg_________________________ "Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return"-Leonardo Da Vinci

Guest Stamatis

"It is the widely feared blurried texture problem on a very extreme scale."Bluried textures? I don't think so, as there are no textures displayed outside his red line.I believe this is a problem where the Extended Textures do not appear.However I don't know why it happens, assuming Extended Textures are enabled by the user.Stamatis

Guest gasebah

Yes Stamatis of course. But it is the same problem. First the highres textures are not loaded, only low res. If the system cannot keep up, it will load the extended textures and finally none at all. So it is the blurried texture problem in its last stage.Alex

Guest Stamatis

Speaking of the Extended Textures, has anyone ascertained their visual range? Because they do not load out to... infinity, that's for sure :-)My personal estimate is that they do not load further out than 80 miles away from our aircraft location.Stamatis

Certainly looks that way - surprised no-one has suggested that he pause the sim and see if it catches up !!

Guest Stamatis

Alex,One other thing I forgot to ask:"Even the so called normalish area is very low res."How can you tell that? I am afraid that this is how my terrain looks like from FL350 or there about. I must be missing the high resolution textures too, and never knew it?Stamatis

I don't think you'll see much texture difference if running at least 30 fps with your system. I don't, and prefer higher fps when possible. I've tried 16-20 fps, and don't find it fluid enough for low level flight.L.AdamsonAthlon 1900XPGeforce3Ti500512DDRram

Guest Stamatis

My own experience agrees with your's Larry. Locking the frame rates to a low/lower number had absolutely no effect in the appearance of the land textures.I also agree that I notice a difference in fluidity when increasing frame rates up to the mid thirties.Stamatis

Hi Larry,You're right inasmuch as it doesn't help for fluidity but it can help when loading complex 3rd party scenery. I shall experiment with the limiter as I know my system will run a lot faster than 19fps.I just thought it might help with that chap's problem.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Muppet22

Hi guysRight!I'm not using any Landclass stuff - all MS's original stuff.Frame rates were locked to 19 beforehand (I've always done that).Extended scenery textures are enabled.Must be some bottleneck there somewhere. Mmmmm....