Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

How much Memory/RAM for FS2002???

Im becoming very frustrated with my flight simulator 2002. It runs in a very choppy way and it drives me crazy. So my question is....What is a good ammount of RAM to have for Fs2002 to run at best speeds. I have 255 but that dosnt seem to be good enough. What do you guys think I should do?PsI run defrag, scan disk, delete temp,and temporary internet files + fs is the only game on my computer.

make it the simple way, start the taskmanager and open the system perf tab. then start FS2k2 with your favour plane. change back to the taskman and see the additional anmount of system ram required. this should be in ram only. say - 512Megs are enough for most but especially the PSS panels do need a little more. I have 738 (or so) megs and this seems to be enough

Guest 727Fan

You didn't mention what processor power you are running. You can have gobs of RAM, and the sim will still stutter unless your processor is up to the task.For example. I began FS2K2 with a P3-500, 128mg sdRAM. Adequate but stutters were evident when ATC spoke, and around busy airports. I upgraded to 256 sdRAM. A big improvement.But still, the processor wasn't up to handle the requirements around big airports. So I had to get a new system.Now I'm running a P4A-2G with 512mg ddrRam. All sliders are maxed out. Framerate locked at 25. And even at large airports at dusk or dawn, the framerate can drop to 10. But overall, no stutters evident.Video card is G Force Ti 300, 64MgRick

i run 2k2 Pro on a PII 128mb RAM 8GB HD. doesnt tell me what type of RAM it is. wether its SD or or DD i have no idea. but it runs ok around NY and LA. cant have the sliders maxed out tho. well. i can but cant have the autogen scenery on at all if i do. i have the simflyers EWR scenery aswell. so it does bring my fpm down aswell.i might buy a new comp soon and just use this one as another window view for FS :)

No point in going past 512MB if you run Win9x/ME, they won't handle any more AFAIK.As others have said, without knowing the rest of your spec advice is difficult.Basically as fast a CPU as you can afford, a good mo/bo, good graphics card, fast RAM and if running Win2k or XP 1GB RAM :-)