Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

Appropriate Moderator Behavior

Dear Avsim.As everyone in the flightsim world knows PMDG has released their SU2 update over the weekend and there are many who are having difficultys logging on to the server,have not recieved their e-mails with the links to the download site,or have lost their original e-mails. This has caused frustration for many. This morning it seems as though PMDG has started to delete messages that dont show them in a good light. There was a post titled....Raising the White Flag that was removed in which a user basiclly was giving up on trying to download the update until things slow down. Mr Ken Salter your forum manger decided to pipe in and state in essence....that is amazing that people whine about a free upgrades......I disagree with this statement wholeheartedly....this was %75 a fix for problems that were not worked out in the original release and YES there have been a few more eyecandy features added.It is in my opinion that Mr Salters remarks were out of line and inappropriate and served to add to the firestorm that was/is brewing as time goes on. I believe that Mr Salter and any other Moderator should be totally neutral while they are logged in under their Moderator sign in and not voice a personal opinion but only that that supports the policys of AVSIM.As for PMDG....perhaps you/AVSIM should hold out a branch and set up a mirror for them to ease the tension.....Thank youFlynman

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As with just about every other site that runs a forum system and has volunteers to moderate them, our moderators have the right to their opinion and are free to express that opinion (and they are held to the same rules everyone else is - including yours truly). Just because they volunteer their time here doesn't mean that they automatically dumb down for the "privelage" of serving the community. As for "adding to the firestorm", I don't see how that is even remotely possible. The rabid and impatient pretty much pushed that beyond the threshold far before any of our folks had their say. There is no strife between PMDG and ourselves (in fact, we are communicating with Rob about his server issues as this is being written). Why would we have to "hold out an olive branch"? Another rumor going around that I am not up on???

As I stated in a private email to you yesterday, I am entitled to my opinion. In my opinion, yes, certain people where being completely out of line complaining that they could not immediately access a FREE UPGRADE/PATCH. Their comments were completely out of line. I stand by my comment.I do not believe for one second that I "added to the firestorm" since the firestorm was already on the verge of being out of control until the moderators in the PMDG support forum had to take drastic action.Maybe users should read the post in the Hangar forum by Robert Young about the tensions between customers/developers. Basically, if everyone showed some common decency and good manners, these issues would not raise their heads, as they do from time to time.I guess I don't understand the mentality that one needs to post inflammatory remarks about a WELL KNOWN problem in a forum. I mean, since everyone knows there is a problem, what is the point? Does it server to stroke the ego? Does the user just want to see how many reaction posts they get (otherwise known as trolling?) Or is just some form of revenge? Please note these comments are not directed at you personally, but are just general comments and OPINIONS.Meanwhile, thank you for your feedback. While I do not agree, I do appreciate your comments, as they were not insulting in nature.Regards,