Sign in to follow this  
badderjet

ActiveSky 2002 v1.0 is RELEASED FREEWARE!!!!!!

ActiveSky 2002 v1.0 is RELEASED FREEWARE!!!!!"ActiveSky 2002" is a real-world weather environment simulation for FS2002 that will ensure that you are always flying with accurately processed and presented weather as it is in the real world. Features:- Automatic METAR station identification and NOAA METAR download- Automatic monitoring of weather changes and subsequent FS weather updates- Intelligent weather processing and representation of: . Cloud layers . Visibility . Surface winds . Winds aloft (simulation - optional) . Temperature and dewpoint . Precipitation . Barometric pressure . Thunderstorms- Custom METAR reports- Destination FORCE and RANGE options for accurate approach weather and ATIS- Weather update status messages in FS2002- Supports US and International METAR reportsRequires:- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002- FSUIPC v2.8 or above (from www.schiratti.com/dowson.html)- An online, active internet connectionActiveSky 2002 v1.0 has been uploaded to AVSIM and should be available for download soon. Filename is activeskyv1.zipThanks to all the beta testers for their help getting the program ready to release! I hope this add-on proves enjoyable for your simulation experience!-Damian Clark

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Eric

Thanks for the effort, but my frame rate drop and crash twice, I use the fs meteo like many of us.Eric

That'd be the first report yet of frame rate loss or crash. This was tested out pretty good and is low-overhead by nature. If you are experiencing frame rate loss it is due to cloud display in fs. This would happen with any weather setting independant of the add-on. There are some performance enhancement options in FSUIPC (and the FS cloud density setting) that can help.I would also like to fix the crash problem you are having if you can share more info - perhaps I can duplicate what is happening on your system.-Damian

Damian Clark

This program looks awesome but I can't get it to run!!When I try to load it says:Run-time error '7': Out of memoryAny ideas :-hmmm ????????????????

hi hifi55,first of all thanks for you contribution.second...who did you testing?...M$? ha haSeems like alot of errors...I --at long last-- got it up and running it seems pretty cool. I was expecting something more visual, but I didnt play long.I hope all the bugs get worked out...thanks

Hi everyone,There was a problem with some missing files on certain machines. It's been fixed and the file at members.cox.net/dzc66 is now updated... If you had problems, please download the file again and re-install.-Damian

Damian Clark

Hi,are you referring to the problems with install? The beta testers apparently all had the files installed already and nobody noticed that there were unincluded ones. This has been fixed though already. Any other errors once you had it installed?Thanks!-Damian

Damian Clark

Thank You Damian,That was the only file i had missing, had all others from various other software. But glad you got it sorted.Best Shaun :-)

Guest Martin

Running setup.exe, I get the following message:"Setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date on your system. Click OK if you would like setup to update these files for you now. You will need to restart Windows before you can run setup again. Click cancel to exit setup without updating system files."I clicked OK and restarted Windows, but when I ran setup again I got the same message. And the same happens of course if I click cancel and then try to run setup.Any ideas?Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing