Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikehaska

AI Traffic- Should work, but doesn't

Guest mikehaska

Hi Everyone,I installed Project AI in the first few days after it was released. However, I didn't install any flightplans or schedules, and didn't do anything with it for months. Today, I decided to give it a try. I installed a few "auto-installers" and everything looked like it was going OK. However, whenever I loaded FS, no AI traffic appeared, even when I waited several minutes. Finally, I uninstalled all the packs and the base install, and started from scratch.I installed the base pack, and the Tango and BA sets. I check the three text files and saw the flight plans were there, that the aircraft were listed correctly, and that the airports were there too. Finally, I checked each aircraft.cfg file to ensure everything in there was correct. It was, however, still no AI traffic.I'm at wit's end. I've searched their forums, and the ones here, but it looks like everyone solved their problems before reaching the stage I am at. Did I forget to switch something or did I miss a step?

Did you check the aircraft.cfg files for each aircraft it installed. I had this problem and what I found was that if you open up the aircraft.cfg for the A320 (example)I found that the entry for the airline was listed at the bottom and not under the last aircraft entry. If yours is listed like mine was just cut and paste it under the next entry.Johnualfan@msn.com

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Guest mikehaska

Hi John,I did see that, and I moved the sections to the correct place. However, this had no effect. Any other ideas?

Hi,You should first install the Base Installer, you should ensure the box "GA Aircraft" on the Base Installer is checked (has a tick in it). Once the Base Installer has installed correctly you then need to download the following airline "Auto installers" in this order; Air France then Olympic, (even if you do not wish these airlines) because these two include some entries to the airport .txt file that they and some others require.After that then go ahead and download whatever other auto installer airlines you wish to have, it may be nice, but not required to, download where possible in alphabetical order. Ensure you have AI set to maximum in settings (or as most as your system will allow)This should then, if everything has installed correctly and you received no "Error" message whilst loading the auto installers, provide you with Project AI aircraft. However there maybe these couple of points to bear in mind:1) Ensure any airport has enough gates for the overload of AI otherwise any AI will land and dissapear.2) Do not just expect the skies to be filled with AI, only airlines and aircraft type that in the real world use certain airports will also use the same airports in MSFS. For example you will not see any KLM City Hopper at Seattle3)The time of day plays a part as well ie. If its rush hour at San Francisco in real world at 0700hrs then do not expect it to be rush hour at 1100hrs in MSFS.Visit the PAI web site often and keep an eye on the forum, there are many tips and hints to be collected.RegardsPeter.

Just to be sure you didn't delete an important AI file, check your fs2002aircraft folder for default.dp. Also check your fs2002scenedbATCScenery folder for traffic.bgl.Both of these files can be retrieved from your fs2002 CDs using an unzipping program. Search the *.cab files for the listed files and place in the folders indicated.Note: If you replace the traffic.bgl in your fs2002scenedbATCScenery folder, it will delete any updates to the existing file and return you to the default fs2002 AI.

Guest mikehaska

THANK YOU! :-) That fixed the problem. The default.dp file was missing, so I took it off the #1 CD, in Aircraft.cab. I copied it to the aircraft folder, and everything worked no problem.Thanks to everyone who gave me ideas on how to get this working- all your time is greatly appreciated! :-)