Sign in to follow this  

ActiveCam 1.1 major problems...

The 1.0 version worked perfectly for me, but the 1.1 update has really messed up:I can't pan at all with the middle mouse, the numpad movement doesn't work, and my joystick hat pans only to the right with AC enabled.Other modules I have:FSUPIC (latest)FSNav 4.5HostSBWhat's going wrong here?Thanks,Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

You're not alone. I have exactly the same problems.Also when I switch to spot it draws multible textures.

Guest Anticyclone

Ryan,Is the ActiveCameraPro.cfg installed in the FS ROOT directory ?We got several e-mails from users encountering the same symptoms (every time they had installed the config file in the MODULES sub directory instead of the FS root directory). When .cfg file properly installed the problem was fixed. If however you installed the cfg file correctly, did you tried to temporarily unable FSUIPC ?Serge,

fyiI installed 1.1 last night and it worked great. I hadn't ever used 1.0, so 1.1 was the first install for me. I installed exactly per instructions...I left the cfg file in the modules AND put a copy into the root, because the instructions say "copy" and copy does leave the original.fs98seand btw, I enjoy the effects. the panning ability is awesome...head latency is funthanks for your work.Bob Bernstein

Thanks guys, that did it!I didn't look at the new readme because it's still labeled 1.0 instead of 1.1...Btw, Serge I didn't realise you guys are the ones doing the A340 sim - when is that gonna be out??!Thanks!Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I installed 1.1 and had some trouble with the reset pan view command. Instead of reseting my view to normal it had me looking somewhat down and to the right. This would not work while flying so I reinstalled version 1.0 and everything is fine. The only thing I want is to get rid of the red text in the corner of the screen, other than that I think the older version suits me better and this makes my sim really ROCK! As far as the taxi turbulence I think it is a bit too much. I don't want to land in the 2D anymore. I like the touchdown to the runway now, I can even tell which main hit first, Very Nice!http://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg

Guest Anticyclone

Hi BlowHole,Indeed we discovered a minor issue related to panning with a coolie hat in a particular situtation. We have corrected this but unfortunately a minor side-effect remains (when panning with the hat and with the aircraft in high bank or pitch attitude, there is a small undesired effect when you stop to rotate with the hat). Since this effect is not really disturbing, we will leave it as is for now. As for the ground turbulence, if you set it to 0, it will be inactive.By the way, the user can now define the running speed of the "pilot" in external view mode (in the dialog box).We have updated the zip file on our website, www.anticyclone.be/active.html Regards,Serge and GuillaumeAnticyclone

Guest KenG

Well Mr. High Pressure,What are you guys NUTS! Why the heck would you give this little gem away, for FREE!I cannot remember a little freeware addon that seems so innocuous be released and make such an impact. Nothing but high praise. It looks so simple. The interface is just as simple. The effects are far from simple. It really changes things in a rather complex and large way.I'm most amazed that no one else thought of this sooner. Thanks Serge and Guillaume for having the ingenuity and foresight to add this incredible little addon to our experience. :-beerchug

Guest PhilC

Serge and Guillaume,And thanks for fixing the head turn issue when turning.This is one great add-on. I am starting to get used to it and once you do, you may never want it any other way.

Serge and Guillaume, I tried the Version 1.1 and like the Version 1 much better. I like the head turning into the turn while taxiing but while flying especially when slipping to land in a cross wind the original feels much better to me. Is there a way to get rid of the red text in Version 1 without updating to Ver 1.1? Thanks you guys have made the VC come alive for us all.http://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg

Should the cfg file be in the Modules and root folder? The directions are not clear to me. I have it in both now and it seems OK. If I should delete it in the Modules folder please advise. Thanks, regards, Bob.

I also have problems. I put the dll in the Modules direcorty and the cfg in the modules and in the main FS2002 directory. In FS now I can only zoom with the mouse button but the rest of the functions don't work. I cannot move or turn head. Also i don't have the 'ground speed' option in the configure window. i have version 1.1 though.any help?Mike

Guest PhilC

I believe the cfg should ONLY be in the FS2002 root folder. The dll in the modules folder.If you have version 1.1 and you don't have the run speed option, then you need to re-download version 1.1 from Anticyclone (http://www.anticyclone.be/). They updated the file on their server but did not change the version number.

Thanks but still no luck. i got the new version and now i have the 'run speed' option but i still cannot move or turn head. :-( Mike