Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Slew Mode

Guest Peewee1

Hi Folks,My sim has suddenly stated to act up whenever I am in slew mode. It jerks forward in slow stages, ok going sideways, then whenever I exit slew mode the aircraft shoots off like a scalded cat. All this when on the ground and repositioning to the terminals.Any ideas?

Joysticks are sometimes the culprits when entering and exiting the slew mode. You might check to see if any of the axes are assigned in the slew portion of the joystick setup. If they are, delete them and use the keyboard for slewing. Also remember to hit keypad 5 and or F1 prior to exiting slew mode.You also may want to download and install FSUIPC, read the User's guide on joysticks, and calibrate your joystick with the instructions provided.

Guest Peewee1

Hi W,Thanks for that info. I have FSUIPC installed but will recheck the guide as I did not know about the joystick setup affecting SLEW. I have a CH Yoke which works fine for me but I will recheck all settings. I will also try the keypad 5 hint. I knew that it stops the motion but I may have forgotten that I also have to press it before exiting.

You also have to press F1, or your plane will still take off like a scalded cat! :)It happens because slew mode raises the plane off the ground a few inches, and flightsim 2002 sees this as the plane being airborne. In versions previous to Fs2002, when you exited slew at altitude, you fell out of the air with no foward airspeed.They "fixed" this problem in 2002, so if the program sees you are in the air (even a few inches) it will provide you with forward airspeed!F1 is the default slew key for "down", thus it plants you on the ground and 2002 is happy not to provide you with that forward airspeed you didn't want anyway! :)Hope that explaination helps.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg