Sign in to follow this  
RichardS

Active Camera Pro--Remember settings/Preferences?

To all Active Cam users.Is Active Cam supposed to remember it's settings or am I the only one having to reset them every time I start FS? Every time I start FS I have to setup the configurations. It seems to me that I shouldn't have to do that.Also, can anyone explain to me the head latency numbers? what do they mean? I read a previous post that said a setting of 3 was the best but I don't know why. What exactly is head latency and is 5 more or less then 1? What does it do to the effect. I set mine at 3 and it is really something but I just would like to know what the numbers mean. I love the feeling it gives. Now we need more aircraft with virtual cockpits to use it with.Thanks for any info in advance.maxsdad

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Mine remembers settings w/o problems. And I didn't do anything fancy. As to the "head latency", it simulates the inertia of your head (no insult there!). Although this is very subjective, the higher the setting the more you get jerked around. Personally I can't handle more than 1 or 1.x. I also think that the algorythm for the horizontal axis could be more complex, but I'm sure that the authors will improve it.They found something really excellent with this small add-on. It's even addictive. Something is definitely missing when I don't use it, and it's just 3 or 4 days old...

Shrink,I agree that it is addictive. I have used it every time I have flown since I loaded it. I do like the setting at 3 but I wasn't sure which way was more or less. I did try different settings today and think 5 could almost make you sick. :~PI don't know why my settings won't stay though. I will e-mail the authors and see if they can figure out what is wrong,Thanks for respondingmaxsdad