Sign in to follow this  

Weather Problem

Anyone with some pointers on this one, have at it. When I go into my weather page to change weather data (clouds, winds, etc.), I cannot get it to stay at those figures. I hit OK and the Vis. changes, but I then go back into the weather page to change them again and the following datas go back to thier original setting. Vis: Unlimited and height is 99999 Ft. Wind: Height of wind is 99999 Ft. I've never had this problem until a few days ago with no changes to the FS files. I kow what I must do if I cannot fix it though...UnInstall.Anyone with some input???Thanks Ed Jenkins

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Ed,It sounds like FSUIPC has some options enabled that are changing your settings. Check in Modules, FSUIPC. Specifically, it sounds like you have wind layer smoothing enabled (which always extends surface layer to 99999). You may also have a minimum visibility value entered here forcing clear skies. Check it out, I think thats what the problem is..-Damian

Damian, I've just loaded the new FSUIPC 2.9.1. So that could be the problem. How can I look at the FSUIPC? I'm not sure what program to use in checking it out. Ed

There's an FSUIPC menu option from within the game, under Modules I think.But for a quick fix, try removing your FSUIPC.INI file. That will force it to reset to its defaults the next time you start FS. The file should be under FS2002MODULES.

Thanks All, I finnaly figured it out and how to finnaly access it from FS. Thanks and good flying.Ed