Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightpro08

New System

Just recieved my new system today. It's an Alienware Area 51. I ordered the Intel Pentium 4 processor 2.8GHz 533MHz w/512KB Cache.1 GB RDRAM PC-800Storage Controller: Adaptec 29160 64-Bit/Dual-Channel Ultra160 SCSI ControllerHard Drive One: 36GB 15,000RPM Ultra160 SCSI-3.6ms Seek TimeHard Drive Two: 100GB Western Digital UltraATA 7200RPM 8MB CacheOptical Drive One: 16/48x IDE DVD-ROM Drive w/Software MPEG-2 DecoderOptical Drive Two: Lite-On 48x12x48x CD-RW-IDEVideo Card: ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB AGP Duel MonitorSound Card: Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1 w/1394Plus a couple of other whistles and bells.I plan on putting all my flight sim programs on drive one and leave the other drive for other stuff. Plan to hook it up this weekend. Will let you know what I get from Flight Sim 2002.I up-graded from a Dell Pentium 3 processor with 733Hz and a 256 PC-800 memory and a NVIDA 3 with 64MB.Was somewhat satisfied with that system, so I can't wait to see what this one will do.

Yet another system that totally outdoes my old 'puter. I have a Celeron 633mhz rig with 11mb of video acceleration :(. Soon I'm building a new comp. with an Athlon XP 2100+, 512 DDR RAM, 128mb Gforce 4 ti4200, 80gb HD, 44x12x48 CD-RW. Your system still outperforms that even. Congrats on your new comp! (Kevin kicks his old POS HP Pavilion) ;)

All it takes is money, I can't even afford (justify) his video card, never mind all the rest.B

Now what is your street address we need to check out your phone lines and in the process we will be boxing up your PC and taking it to my house so I can use it :)Sweet setup I am upgrading my system next month or early Dec not as fast but a P4 2.2 GHZ. Let us know how she runs :)John

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Ha! I got faster ram!! Ha! But you got more or everything else. I was just too cheap to spring for that 2.8 gig monster.

Guest flightpro08

Not, bad, not bad. FS2k2 should run a bit better than it did on your old rig. ;-) Congrats on the new system. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designerhttp://members.cox.net/santracon/images/san_logo.jpg-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Guest jase439

The AMD processor line has more or less stalled out. The new Northwoods and the 845/850 chipsets overcome most of the complaints arising from the early P4 days. AMD needs another innovative success story - and soon. Intel is breaking ground with the 3Ghz processors and hyperthreading. AMD better get on the ball soon or they wiil lose any footing they might have gained in the market over the past couple of years.J