Sign in to follow this  
PeterR

What to use in a second monitor

Hello,I just bought a 2ghz system, GF4TI and I want my PIII700 / GF2MX to run together using a network card...What is a good thing to run in the FS second monitor ?Do I need any special software for it ?Is it hard to setup ?Thanks,ulisses

Depending upon what you want, you don't necessarily have to have multiple computers for a multi-screen setup. In fact, using multiple screens on one machine is easier to set up. However, since you have two AGP video cards and motherboards only have one AGP slot, I guess you'll need to use both systems.For multiple machines, you need to determine if you'll need FS running on both of them. This would be the case if you want an FS external view or FS panels to appear on the second machine. For that, you'll need Wideview.If you'll be running some other software that gets data from FS via FSUIPC, then you'll need WideFS in order to get the data from your main system running FS to the second system. WideFS makes the two machines appear to be one as far as the add-on software is concerned.I currently use a Matrox Dual Head card on my system. I have the main view, instruments and radios on the main screen and GPS, Roger Wilco, and web browser (for airport info, maps, etc.) on the second screen. Many people use the main for the outside view and the second for instruments/gauges.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums Moderator[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table