Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Wish list for FS2012.

Guest Dakota

I was thinking about what has transpired in the last ten years with MSFS and the hardware we use. It would be fun to dream a bit about what MSFS will be like in 10 more years. Here is a few things that we might have....Extremely dense photo realistic scenery and very accurate geography including accurate buildings, highways and houses.Trees that sway in the wind.Ocean Waves that realistically change with the weather. Dynamic scenery with people, cars, ships, trains, and cows.Real weather that changes dynamicaly moment to moment with very smooth transitions. Planes with every aspect modeled accurtely including wing and tires that flex. Full flight crew dynamics, maybe like "The Sims" inside your plane.Real traffic that you can download from the internet for real planes flying at that moment and that updates frequently.Virtual flight instructors that answer questions. What else?

Guest flightpro08

>Dynamic scenery with people, cars, ships, trains, and cowsKind of an interesting last choice. ;-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designerhttp://members.cox.net/santracon/images/san_logo.jpg-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Waiting list's for hangarsMonthly insurance billsAnnual inspections3rd to first class medicals........ depending on appropriate aircraftBi-annuals for flying GA planes, and whatever is all involved for the commercial types :)Spend thousands of hours trying to build a virtual aircraft to save on annual cost's.---- Just a few more ideas for the realistic flight experience!-----

Hi, This is already in plan of fs2004- Interactive scenery, car moving, people moving,truck, airport environment, pilot inside the aircraft moving and talking ( this should be able in 3rd party ships, trains, and cows, Full flight crew dynamics, (Trees that sway in the wind already capable with WILCO http://www.wilcopub.com/fsnatfr.htm) - New Weather system- Improved ATC- New aircraft- More Detailed scenery and airports- More photo Sat- New generic terrains texture- Effect- GMAX standart toolsThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Claviateur

For FS2004 I think there are a couple of important things to modify or add as for the rest is up the project management team ;)-Passengers and cargo loading section like the Fuel section in the Aircraft menu. I think its an option that should have been in the sim since FS2000 and the creation of the .cfg for dynamics but it seems forgotten. So its not bad to be able to load a plane with passengers and cargo from FS the way we already load fuel. Cargo and passengers weight and balance maximum parameters are already in the .cfg-Please seperate the nose gear steering from the rudder!!! This is very useful and will push the sim forward in terms of detailed dynamics. I think a seperate set of keys for the nose gear independant form the rudder ones can be very helpful.It can be enabled or disabled in the Air file and .cfg for planes that do or do not have this. This way we can give the rudder a different tweaking in response and inertia then the nose gear instead of making a compromise between both or we can leave them coupled for small planes if we wish...-Now my usual wish: a terrain editor please that let us manipulate the basic aspect of FS terrain like changing the coastline shape, the landclass distribution, the roads and rivers shape etc... through a user friendly interface and a point, click , draw, drag and drop type of usability. WorldMaker for Xplane can be a great exemple of what FS Pro is still lacking...CheersMichel

Hehe, for FS2012, I want....a simulator that simulates everything in the ENTIRE solar system down to the last molecule....no, proton, no quark, nono....even better...quantum strings.It has to look exactly like the real world.That and simulate every law and theory of any field related to science known to man at the time. Oh, and in the sim I want to be an omnipotent, immortal being that can manipulate anything and everything to my wildest ideas, if I so desire. :DThe software must be able to be downloaded straight into the brain, wirelessly. It has to enable the user to experience the simulated world in all 5 senses, contain the ability for instant teleportation :-scatter, and...and...Aww, heck with it....I want one of those Star Trek holodecks!!! *:-*...Ok, so maybe that's more of a wishlist for FS 2102, but hey, we can still dream, can't we? :-)-Lukexcom, :-wave----BEGIN FS CODE BLOCK----G:KMSP a--- R FS+ F++ P X++ FU+++ C++ H++ O V+++ AVSIM+++ TS+++-----END FS CODE BLOCK-----

I have stated this in the past, and I still believe it to be relative: I believe the FS viewing environment is in need of vast technological improvement and/or paradigm shift. Even my 22" monitor covers ONLY 22 inches, (actually 21) leaving an entire room in it's periphery with the inherent distractions, light sources, complaints, etc. Either a swift advance in VR technology, or better yet swift advances/price reductions in motion platforms combined with the 180 degree elliptical 'sit inside' monitors is called for. (One of these prototypes had a link listed at AVSIM a few months ago.) Not being a real pilot, I am not one to comment on how far flight modeling needs to improve. What I envision however for FS 2012 in the above-stated photo-real secenry throughout, but with a gradual transition to bit maps, or whatever will provide the clarity at low altitudes which the current photo-realistic sceneries do not. In my opinion, clouds need the most upgrading. More properly stated, future computers powerful enough to render immense cloudscapes. Chris Willis, for one, is currently capable of creating much higher resolution and visually stunning clouds than even he has released; but even the P4 2.8s and such can't come close to rendering them and the rest of the sim together. To sum up, I agree fully with all stated in the above posts, with the addition that the FS2012 software be compatible with future motion platforms/futuristic monitors via some advanced but practical EPIC type interface.Take care,John Marino

I would like to fs2012 be a global simulator. Like when u finish your flight u can pick up your car go home, drive in a city with traffic like Driver or GTA3. I also would like to see moving and talking co-pilots, flight attendents, passagers, etc. More, when u start the game for the first time u have to go to a flight school before u really fly, then you have to look for a job in the available airlines and when you get the job the the first times you

How about those guys tho "wave flashlights" at the pilots to guide them in the taxiway? And passengers who go visit the flight deck! There's a PIC/POSKY merger, why not a SIMS / FS merger???LOL

Guys I think most if not all of these things will be present long before FS2012 - probably in 2006 or 2008... I shudder to think what FS2012 will look like - I'm guessing indistinguishable from video footage and at that point really good virtual reality gear may be the display type we're using for it...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com