Sign in to follow this  
Robert Kirkland

Cannot Download Files

AVSIM Staff,It is great to see such a strong forum, especially one that is still free of charge. However, since your last policy change restricting the number of users, I have not once been able to download a single file. I realize that this is a global access, but I have not been able to get a single file at any time of the day or night, any day of the week.In order to keep up with your success, it is obviously going to require more expensive and larger servers. Those of us who work with Information Technology, can certainly appreciate the difficulties and costs of maintaining systems such as you do. I for one, would be willing to pay a resonable membership fee to facilitate your success. Just another note about your success. From what I see, you lead the world in terms of providing a wide variety of subject files in support of flight sim enthusiasts. Also, you seem to post the newest files before any of your competitor sites.Sincerely,Jay Otts

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Jay if you had read the front page you would know the slow down is temporary until we can bring on a new sever in a couple of weeks. The main reason you haven't been able to download has been the huge hit we are talking while users download the mesh files that were posted over the weekend. They are very large and are hammering the server. We have never charged for access and we have no inetions of ever doing so. Robert KirklandASSOCIATE PUBLISHERAVSIM