Sign in to follow this  

Runway / Starting Position Not Available

I'm not sure what the heck I installed, but suddenly 50% of my airports don't give me an option for choosing runway / starting position on the "change current location" menu. The dragdown bar is locked out. HmmmmmAnyone else here of this or know what's doing it? I disabled all my add-on scenery and no luck. Strange.

I have not used this feature but in FSUIPC there is supposedly an a setting to ADD starting from parking locations. Perhaps if you have installed it and do not use this feature, it interferes with this option in FS2K2. I'm just guessing.For testing purposes if you think FSUIPC is causing a problem, just via explorer go into FS2002modules and rename the .dll to .dlh so it can't load. Start FS and run your test. When done rename the extension back to .dll to use it.In 2.91, BTW, I've encountered a NAV tuning problem with the .5 frequency rounding enabled.

Have you used AFCAD to install modified airport gates, etc? If so, you file may be corrupted. Search your fs2002scenedbADFFILESScenery folder. For any airport scenery you modified, you should have two files, e.g., usncaf02.bgl, usncaf02.ORIGINAL. Rename the *.bgl file *.TEST then rename the *.ORIGINAL file *.bgl. Restart fs2002 and check to see if the information is available. Remember, if you did separate areas of the world, you will have multiple two file combos. You might have to rename them all back to the default file to find the error.

NooooooooooooooooooooAll that hard work with AFCAD!I like option #1 better! :)Let's hope it's FSUIPC .... Although I'll bet I corrupted the world with all those AFCAD overlays, KMEM / 2MEM, KJFK / 2JFK airports, and self-edited airports ...Oh well... that's the price for busy airports.Thanks for your thoughts...Bob