Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toni Rauch

Paris FPS Problems

Any time I fly around Paris my FPS tanks big time (to 2 or 3 FPS). I notice when i turn the ATC to 0% my FPS climbs, the problem is this is the only area where my FPS drops like this. I can fly anywhere else in the world and my FPS does not vary that much. Is this a problem with just Paris?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've read a lot of complains about Paris where FPS drops to 1 or 2 so i guess it's a bug in FS itself, got to live with it I guess. I have the same problem.

There is a problem in Northern France which is fixed by one of the options in FSUIPC - check the readme file. Something to do with a cloud turbulence bug in FS. It is apparent in the supplied European Airline Pilot scenario London-Paris flight so I'm surprised it wasn't picked up before release.

>There is a problem in Northern France which is fixed by one >of the options in FSUIPC - check the readme file. Something >to do with a cloud turbulence bug in FS. >>It is apparent in the supplied European Airline Pilot >scenario London-Paris flight so I'm surprised it wasn't >picked up before release. Yup, thats where I first noticed it. It does not happen anywhere else either. In fact in the same scenario when you leave Heathrow there is ALOT more traffic (the sky is plugged with planes!) and my FPS does not even vary. As soon as you make your visual approach to Paris is when it happens.Thanks for the confirmation!

Another thing worth trying in areas like Paris is to free off as much system resource for FS2002 as you can before loading FS.I use EndItAll and find it makes quite a big difference to performance in 'problem' areas like this, but little or no difference for general flying, even with complex cockpits like DF737.Noticeable improvement in the Charles de Gaulle area though.Toni.