Sign in to follow this  
brandon

Kerio seemed to have done something to my pc?

Hello. I need some help. Yesterday I installed Kerio, the firewall program. Followed the instructions carefully and rebooted as instructed. Just before I logged onto XP I got several popups about Kerio. I thought it was normal and didnt think much about it until today.I'd left my computer on, so today I'd loaded up FS2002 when things started to happen. I got the Splash Screen, but after that, FS just shut down. No warning. No 'Do you want to send a report to MS' messages. Then I tried several other programs. Same thing. I restarted several times. Same problem. Then I tried to go onto the forums at British Airways Virtual. I had to log in everytime I wanted to view a message at the forum there. (this was with internet explorer) i double checked all my settings in IE. then i tried netscape. it worked then (and that's what i'm using now)Then I loaded up ServInfo. Another surprise. According to servinfo the data it's getting right now is 438812hours and 3minutes old. :SI've been trying servinfo at different times of the day and i'm still getting a ridiculous number of hours.all my programs are crashing.. webshots, fs2002, just about everything. has anyone gotten any problems like this? is there a way to fix it? i really dont want to have to reformat. the task of downloading everything all over again is collosal.i REALLY REALLY apprciate any help i can get, as i dont know what to do.did kerio delete some critical files or something?btw i uninstalled SP1, didnt work. so im reinstalling it now.. will let u know what happens.kerio is about the only thing i've installed in the last 24hours... everythign was stable before thenPLEASE HELPTHANKSA319I've tried deleting the fs2002.cfg file. still wouldnt work.. all my programs are just crashing

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Oh I forgot the addthe popups I got were:Keiro Personal Firewall Drive: FwDrvProtGetMediumConnected: FwDrvProtOpenAdapter error: C0010019, Port:RawWanKeiro Personal Firewall Drive: FwDrvProtGetMediumConnected: FwDrvProtOpenAdapter error: C0010019, Port:AtmuniKeiro Personal Firewall Drive: FwDrvProtGetMediumConnected: FwDrvProtOpenAdapter error: C0010019, Port:ENAMPOAT (not sure of this one though)And I think the system time is messed up? It seems like my 'cookie session' keeps expiring with IE, but with Netscape it's fine. now i'm having the same problem with AVSIM. I need to log in everytime I want to post/open a messageIs there a way to change thatREALLY NEED THE HElpTHanks

I'm not familiar with Kerio, but I have used ZoneAlarm [ZA] and currently use Sygate.It sounds like your parameters are a bit too stringent and the program is blocking everything you attempt to access.I would suggest you do a search for a newsgroup for discussion about this firewall, or write to Kerio themselves.If this isn't satisfactory, I would uninstall and make sure all referrences to it are removed from the Registry. Then install another firewall, like ZA or Sygate, both have 'free' versions. Both allow for simplified settings that will give protection until such time as you become more familiar with firewalls and opt to use one with custom settings, such as Kerio.If your OS is WinXP, the default firewall is quite good at preventing incoming attacks, but isn't very good at outgoing. Which just raised another thought: is this firewall functioning along with Kerio? If so, there likely is a conflict.

Try uninstalling Kerio and see if it fixes it. I would also download Ad-Aware from www.lavasoftusa.com just to make sure no spyware has been loaded by this software since I have never heard of this program.