Sign in to follow this  
jagabom

QUALITY not Quantity!

Guest REK

I have used your site on numerous occassions to downoad files. Unfortunately, I sometime spend more time trying to install the download than I expected. Recently I downloaded what looked like a great 727 sim PS_72F_04.zip. Unfortunatly the gauges don't install and I get an FS error. This should not be a problem. AVSIM editors, instead of bragging about how many files you have on your site, how about spending some time to try the installation and see if it works. I suggest you guys check review and rate your downloads for ease of installation and whether they work before listing on your site. Also in your review note whether installations instructions are included and if the instructions are also in English.:(

Guest Aidi

If you look at the amount of new files that are uploaded each day to the server, it averages out at around 40 individual files. For the library or other members of the Avsim team to install and test every single one is almost an impossible task. I have just downloaded and installed the file that you highlight, it has installed without a fault, and I have been able to fly the aircraft on my system without a single problem arising. I have also loaded up Fs2004, selected the said aircraft, moved it to O

Guest John_Hirsch

You are correct, Aidan. Of the many, many files that I've downloaded from AVSIM, the download as well as the installation of the archive were, for at least 90+% of them, flawless. As you say, the authors or developers tend to see that their software are free of errors.What does happen occasionally is a file, or maybe files, were omitted from the archive. This omission is normally rectified almost immediately upon proper communication with the developer.As Aidan recommends, check the forums first then contact the author/developer after it is determined that the installation is NOT the fault of your system setup.Regards,

I didn't want to reply to this as I don't believe that the letter's to the editor is the place for this. I appologise. I have downloaded lots of junk. I just say, oh well and try something else.JimCYWG