Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frank Betts

CFS3 possible fix?

Got this off of the CFS Forum from above here. Might help others. Just a thought.The config file in the CFS3 directory can be edited rather easily to force it to run with your video card/driver.Under the section listing your card make and model, look for some code like this:(This example assumes you are running Win95,98,ME...if you are running XP, you want a line like if os>win2k or something...use common sense)if os < win2kif driver <= 4.13.1.9062PropertySet = "Unsupported Driver"endifendifbreakYou can change either of the less than (> ) or greater than (> ) signs in the first line to it's opposite and force the game to skip your driver check and just run the game anyway. My Radeon 7500 runs fine now that I managed to get past the starting gate. (for some reason, it was detecting my old driver, instead of my current one...I'm not about to go mucking about in my system folder deleting stuff, so I tried this...works great)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi. Thanks. It worked for me with my GeForce3 Ti 500. Even Microsoft support could not get me up and running. After I made the mod it works like a champ. Regards, Bob.

Ah good deal on that. My install went great. Been playing it since last thursday. Lots of stutters. But i do my fighting over the water for now. Keeps the frame rates up.