Sign in to follow this  
Guest mhardy

How do you get those pictures?

Hardyboy,that is a bit hard to answer without seeming conceited. But I'll have a go anyway. Since I spend several hours a day at work with Photoshop, I try spending as little time as possible when I make screenshots. So my shots are unedited except for some small merely technical stuff. This is one way to do it:1. Set up the sim so it looks as good as possible. If you use the new fs recorder module, you can do all the screenies after the flight, so you don't have to interrupt the flying. And you can turn all those sliders to the right now that framerates doesn't matter anymore. Antialiasing is a must of course but:2. What makes a screenshot good is not only the technical aspect; angle, attitude, moode, drama, scenery and stuff like that are far more important imho. I've seen very exciting shots with poor graphic quality, and opposite.3. When you have the excact picture on the screen, press Prt Scr on the keybord, enter PS, new picture, and paste.4. Now you can add drama to the picture with a very simple tool: crop. The right cutting can add tons of drama to the picture. Remember that the crop tool also has handles outside the corners so you can tilt the cutout. 5. Making the picture a little bit smaller also works like magic to get rid of the jaggies. I use a 1280x1024 screen, and use to reduce the size to 920 wide, height dependent of cutout. A 1 pixel black frame is ok to separate light aereas from the white background.6. Finally Save for web, jpg with no less than 55 in quality.But again, let me emphasize a few things that I think makes an interresting picture: There is SOMETHING with it that has some kind of attitude or tells a story, no matter what; big, dark, funny, scary, wild, beautiful, claustrofobic, speedy or whatever. And the actual plane adds to that, just like a funny looking plane (Maule perhaps) suits a funny moody picture, and the Herk is top notch if you wanna make a majestic and dramatic shot. The 737 in my opinion is boring, it is not long, short, beautiful, big, ugly or anything at all. Just a ... plane. But that's just me.Hope this helps and good luck, here are mine from todays flight:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...19927&mode=fullEagle

Guest mhardy

Eagle,Thanks for the reply. My question is not really about getting the best shot or composing the frame, it's about getting those clean lines anf graphics.I have a simple Dell Dimension 5150 wit 1GB RAM and a 256MB graphics card. At the highest resolution the planes look pretty OK but they still have that computer generated roughness especially on the edges.In your recent post (excellent by the way) all you shots hve clean lines on the a/c, the buildings, runway tress etc.Is this all a result of photoshop editing...if so how? If not, then what is it?Hardyboy