Sign in to follow this  
Guest jbinner

News about FS?

AVSIM is a great place to find out what's happening with our hobby - latest changes, additions, upgrades, etc., but what about the STATUS of our hobby?For example, for the last couple of days the weather system has been down again and yet there's nothing about what's going on or how long we can expect it to be gone.I'd like to see your headlines and download page also include announcements like that - that notifies us that things like that are down, what is happening, and when it should be back up.Rick Wooton

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Rick,Point taken. As regards the Weather server, we probably assumed that most folks were reading the forum and where this issue was discussed, including comments from one of the MS Team Members:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=325709&page=Never the less, you are correct in that not everyone is a forum denizen. You and the community can help us help you considerably, if when things like the weather server issue occurs that someone send us an email to editors@avsim.com and we'll investigate and report accordingly.

I have to admit I missed this one as always use ActiveSky for my flights, either offline or online I always load the AS-6 program with it. :) Thanks for the tip and I've posted a story on the page as it's still relevant and the server facility still appears to be down.Thanks for the tip! :) And as Tom has said, if ANYONE ever has news for the team, we LOVE more sources! :) Feel free to write us at editors@avsim.com and we'll get to the bottom of it!